+7

Complex Passwords Are Annoying, Amirite? ... The Guy Who Invented Those Annoying Password Rules Now Regrets Wasting Your Time

Bill Burr, whose work led to forcing users to use more numbers, special characters and case sensitive in their passwords, is apologizing after new studies suggest that those things just make passwords harder to remember, and not harder to break into (therefore they're not more secure).

http://gizmodo.com/the-guy-who-...now-1797643987

The Guy Who Invented Those Annoying Password Rules Now Regrets Wasting Your TimeWe’ve all been forced to do it: create a password with at least so many characters, so many numbers, so many special characters, and maybe an uppercase letter. Guess what? The guy who invented these standards nearly 15 years ago now admits that they’re basically useless. He is also very sorry.http://gizmodo.com/the-guy-who-invented-those-annoying-password-rules-now-1797643987
Zolfies avatar Technology
6 7

Mine are always long and complicated, much like my travels through this existence really.

@AliceD Mine are always long and complicated, much like my travels through this existence really.

A comlex yet simple password, write a word using sms code where a number corresponds to 4 letters

That son of a .....
Oh, and when you forget one and reset, it can't be the one you forgot cuz it's been used before!
I want to strangle that guy! [Not to worry Budwick fans - I don't really want to strangle him - just an expression. But, I would kick him the nuts!]

@Budwick That son of a ..... Oh, and when you forget one and reset, it can't be the one you forgot cuz it's been used...

Yeah I hate trying to figure out how to get a symbols/numbers in there that I'll remember.

Yes, i bet a lot of sites lack users because of this, i sure avoided membership for this reason.
Please include a capital letter, small one, 2 numbers, japanese symbol, blood of a virgin maiden, hair from a bald man, elven ear and your firstborn