Pfff I want more friends IRL but I'm too shy. I have the same 4 friends since kindergarten and never made new ones. Now that those 4 friends and I slowly go our own paths I feel so stupid for never having made new friends. In September I'm starting a new study at university which I hope will help to make a few new friends. I have an outgoing personality once you get to know me. It's just that I'm shy as long as I don't know anyone well and I'm too shy to make the first " move " in a friendship. I am also a nerdy type in my thinking. I always end up talking about way too intelligent, boring stuff and people don't like that. People want a relaxed talk, not some talk on a deep level at my age. That's why I always end up forming connections with people much older than me. Because they understand me better. I'm also highly sensitive which is another curse. I hate it that I'm consistently worrying about world problems while other people my age don't. Wish I had more friends :-( But I'm not social enough to make them. Hoping that I meet other people with mutual interests at university. I hate loud parties and pubs. I'm more for quiet evenings in a relaxed atsmosphere. Making new friends is an art it seams. Some people make 10 new friends in no time, others have difficulties making one new friend.

Image for post Pfff I want more friends IRL but I'm too shy.  I have the same 4 friends since kindergarten and never made new ones. Now that those 4 friends and I slowly go our own paths I feel so stupid for never having made new friends.  In September I'm starting a new study at university which I hope will help to make a few new friends. I have an outgoing personality once you get to know me. It's just that I'm shy as long as I don't know anyone well and I'm too shy to make the first " move " in a friendship.   I am also a nerdy type in my thinking. I always end up talking about way too intelligent, boring stuff and people don't like that. People want a relaxed talk, not some talk on a deep level at my age.   That's why I always end up forming connections with people much older than me. Because they understand me better.  I'm also highly sensitive which is another curse. I hate it that I'm consistently worrying about world problems while other people my age don't.  Wish I had more friends :-( But I'm not social enough to make them.   Hoping that I meet other people with mutual interests at university.    I hate loud parties and pubs. I'm more for quiet evenings in a relaxed atsmosphere.   Making new friends is an art it seams. Some people make 10 new friends in no time, others have difficulties making one new friend.
ThisLadyIsDangerouss avatar Technology
3 19

You will make new friends... And really...how many people do you want in your life?

@2632624

You have changed your moniker.

You don't seem the least bit shy on here. I'm sure you will find friends in school.

@Will_Janitor You don't seem the least bit shy on here. I'm sure you will find friends in school.

But on an online forum is different from real life :(

When I see a cute boy in real life or a cute girl I never know what to say to them or even approaching them for friendship.

I would rather have a small friend group that knows me really well. But you're bound to make new friendships at your university. Just be yourself.

Are you going to be living on campus? If so, try getting to know your roommate and you already have yourself a friend if all goes well! smile smilie Check out the campus and find areas of interest where people with your interests may hang out at. Once you're comfortable maybe try a few clubs or extracurricular activities. You'll be fine. _ If it makes you feel any better, I'm starting college soon too. We can help each other out! nme smilie

I think I have it similarly like you. I only have one friend. Already from my primary school I'm only with her. I can not talk to people which I don't know very well. Moreover, I'm very quiet and antisocial.