+10

Rats and mice are infestations; but they are depicted as cute cartoon characters...amirite?

And why do we fall for that?

Image for post **Rats and mice are infestations; but they are depicted as cute cartoon characters...amirite?**
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
8 19

My family had several pet rats from the pet store over the years. They were cute and fun.

@JanHaskell My family had several pet rats from the pet store over the years. They were cute and fun.

I love rats, too. Cunning wee buggers, aren't they? Still, people raise their eyebrows when you say you are gonna get a rat.

They are no ore pests than humans are. n fact, less so. humans simply think they own the entire planet. The Black Plague was helped along in large part by the idiotic Catholic Church. They had a decree to kill all cats on sight. Fewer cats, more rats. More rats, more fleas/ticks. Our arrogance knows no bounds.

Trishs avatar Trish Disagree +2Reply

It was a small mouse that walt found living in either the studio or his home idr

And cunning to boot.

Mashas avatar Masha Agree +1Reply

It's amusing..

@DandyDon It's amusing..

See...Donald Duck I get...not a carrier of disease...

@Sukiesnow See...Donald Duck I get...not a carrier of disease...

What doesn't kill you...makes a good cartoon..

@DandyDon What doesn't kill you...makes a good cartoon..

Ever hear about the Middle Ages and Black Death? Due to vermin like mice and rats.

@Sukiesnow Ever hear about the Middle Ages and Black Death? Due to vermin like mice and rats.

Exactly...

So how do you think those rats got cute...
Later when it wasn't as much of a threat?..

@Sukiesnow Rats and mice are cute...but that doesn't mean I want them in my house.

I don't want them in my house either..

Unless they're cartoons..

@Sukiesnow Ha!

I hope you noticed I gave Minnie the dress off my back.

Good thing I had a spare in the closet. biggrin smilie