+3

It is wrong for parents to force a religion on their children before they are at the age where they can choose their own beliefs.

Diamond11s avatar Religion
2 16

Well what do you mean by 'force'? I think it's great to start teaching children at a young age about the importance of faith. Whatever they decide later in life is on them.

@2632972

Agreed. My mother was Catholic and I really didn't understand it, especially as a child. Which ended up pushing me away from believing in God at all.

We teach our children about religion, it's a good thing.... We also send them to school....to get an education, no difference.

@2633004

Wrong means wrong. You know the definition.

It doesn't really matter, if people are willing to force religion on their kids it mean they're too fanatic to even consider it as forcing or wrong

Religious education is good.Religious indoctrination isn't.I rejected how I was brought up at 14( Roman Catholic) after years of being told of the nasty things that would befall me if I didn't go church and worship God.Been an atheist ever since.Nothing has happened.

I have a problem with the word 'forcing.'

I think it's important to, as the Bible says, "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart."

I also think it's equally important to educate about different religions and make sure children know the similarities and differences.

BlindMists avatar BlindMist Disagree +1Reply

I used to agree, but I now think its up to parents to mould the minds of their children. If not someone else will

gypsykings avatar gypsyking Disagree +1Reply

It is, but hopefully when they are older they will make an informed decision for themselves.

Whip them in a dungeon when they are older