+10

There are four little words that scare the hell right out of me..."There is no food"๐Ÿ™„

Saying there is not food is worse that saying the sky is falling๐Ÿ˜˜

Image for post There are four little words that scare the hell right out of me..."There is no food"๐Ÿ™„
Lil_Princesss avatar
6 25
@2633606

True or "run there's a bear"

I agree. Some people don't seem to mind running out of food...but my fridge always has to be full.

When you grow up hungry you learn to never let that phrase in the house. Tons of food but never, never hunger.

@Sukiesnow What?? You never go without food?

I do now because of choice, not ever again because of circumstances beyond my control.yum smilie

@ozzyboy When you grow up hungry you learn to never let that phrase in the house. Tons of food but never, never hunger.

This post came to me because I was sharing with my teenager about a time when I was bout 10 the only food we had in the house was a box of saltine crackers and a can of frosting.

My dad was extremely sick & in the hospital. My mama made a very small wage and workers comp was taking forever.

My mama tried to get assistance but was told that they made to much money. My dad's checks were good because he had worked a special event for the city and they held that against him. I had been in & out of the hospital my self so funds were extremely low.

I never want my children to ever experience what I did.

@Lil_Princess This post came to me because I was sharing with my teenager about a time when I was bout 10 the only food we had in...

Mine was a can of kidney beans right out of the can. I thought I didn't like kidney beans until I grew up and learned how great they can be in chili.
I had parents who knew how to breed'em but not feed'em.
Drink was more important than food and I said never again. While others may get excited over stars, athletes or the like,
I got excited yesterday over a huge ham. It ended up in my freezer and I am still happy about that.yum smilie
I hope you and your family never have to know the feeling
of not having decent food in the house.
If you get hungry, let me know. I'll help you.

@ozzyboy Mine was a can of kidney beans right out of the can. I thought I didn't like kidney beans until I grew up and...

See I am the same why, I get excited over the little things like that well little to most people but to me and you they are huge.

Oh there is so much you can do with a Ham.

Aww thank ya kindly.

@DandyDon

I would have to bring the racoon some food...which probably explain why I am over ran with critters now hehe smilie

Please ย  login ย  or signup ย  to leave a comment.