When you get bannned from a website and you try to make a new account but every time you do they know it's you and close the account down, how does that work? I reset my IP address but they still know it's me, How? [Not been Banned by Amirite because making a post wouldn't be very Bright]

Image for post When you get bannned from a website and you try to make a new account but every time you do they know it's you and close the account down, how does that work? I reset my IP address but they still know it's me, How? [Not been Banned by Amirite because making a post wouldn't be very Bright]
gypsykings avatar People & Celebrities
5 26

People usually get banned for a pattern of behaviour so when they come back under another name, it's extremely rare that they've changed that behaviour because they thought they were right in the first place and if they didn't they would have changed before they were banned. Usually their Methodus Operandi stands out like the proverbial. You can see it here with most of the socks that turn up. They might as well wave a sign.

@2634509

Haha i'd ban everyone, even myself mischief smilie.. it's much safer for the world if I hide back here hehe smilie

No it's not me....

I've had enough of making new emails now. I'm not welcome there so there's not much point in going back trying to disguise my personality. I'll just be myself here and see how that goes

@2635210

Thanks rooster 👍🏻

I really don't know, but why would you want to go back to a site that banned you?

I went there everyday for over a year. I became familiar with the people there I suppose.

@2634762

Yeah I keep forgetting. I'll soon get the hang of it 👍🏻

You might try a different browser. Opera is free and assigns you a temporary anonymous IP address. I've never tried using it for what you want to do, but I know it gets past geoblocking if content is made unavailable to people outside the US, so it definitely does give you a different IP address, so it might work for your purposes.

http://www.opera.com/download

Join the site, where several identities to each member, is the norm.

Anonymous