primeiros avatar People & Celebrities
14 69

Not here. People know not what to do when i smile and nod. I want nothing from them.
It isnt like this in the south.

@Carla Not here. People know not what to do when i smile and nod. I want nothing from them. It isnt like this in the south.

Thank you for joining. :)

I'm not from the US, but I've been in Oklahoma for a relatively short time. I found that, compared to my area, people there tend to be more open about greeting strangers on the street.

Yes...and I hate it. Look the other way!! Look the other way!! Oh no...they're looking at me! Fuck.

Why is this assumed to be a good thing?

@Sukiesnow Yes...and I hate it. Look the other way!! Look the other way!! Oh no...they're looking at me! Fuck. Why is this...

Thank you for joining. :)

I wouldn't say it's necessarily a good or bad thing. Where I live, strangers mostly tend to just pass by you without a word, but that doesn't automatically imply any rudeness or negative intention on their part. People around here simply don't expect to be greeted by strangers.

If it's a friend, though, and you pass by them without so much as a nod, you would probably be asked why. :P

I personally don't have the habit of greeting people on the street, unless it's a person I know (also, if people greet me first, I will greet them too).

@Sukiesnow Your post did say strangers.

Yes. :)

My post was talking about strangers, and I understand that you were also referring to strangers in your reply. (Didn't mean to imply otherwise.)

When I added the part about friends in my previous comment, it was simply meant as an additional remark about people's greeting habits my area.

@primeiro Yes. :) My post was talking about strangers, and I understand that you were also referring to strangers in your...

Well, it's about strangers...so let's stick to strangers. Friends are a different conversation.

@VicZinc Yes

Thank you for joining. :)

@2634530

Thank you for joining. :)

Yes around my neck of the woods it is and it doesn't bother me a bit for the most part. I am usually one of those people that walk by and say "Hi" especially if someone looks sad.

Apparently it isn't uncommon for strangers to stop you and tell ya how beautiful you are either or they love yaono smiliecrs smilie I had that twice last week. My town is a we bit friendly hehe smilie

🦋

@Lil_Princess Yes around my neck of the woods it is and it doesn't bother me a bit for the most part. I am usually one of those...

Thank you for joining. :)

That's a very, very kind thing to do. :D

lol, yeah, your neighbors seem a bit too friendly. :P

Greeting strangers is not generally done around here, but I've had a pretty peculiar case in which a middle-aged guy that lives near me saw me passing by. Then he greeted me very friendly, and said something like "Come on, let me give you a hug!", and offered to give me a hug. (I figured it was harmless and took it, but I think most people would just had walked away very quickly.)

@primeiro Thank you for joining. :) That's a very, very kind thing to do. :D lol, yeah, your neighbors seem a bit too...

Most welcome. :)

Some here have a tendency to hug others especially my coworkers. Thankfully they respect my personal space bubble lol

@Lil_Princess Most welcome. :) Some here have a tendency to hug others especially my coworkers. Thankfully they respect my...

lol, I'm not sure if people wanting to hug me at work would make work less stressful, or more. :P

Yes, good thing that they respect your personal space. lol

@2634671

Thank you for joining. :)
I'm usually wrapped up in my world.

@2635196

biggrin smilie Yes, that's true. That's a good advice. :)

I am usually shy to initiate contact with complete strangers. I probably should do that more often. However, there are people who live nearby who know me only by sight and have greeted me at least once while I was out for a walk, so I often look around to see if they are there and I always make a point to greet them every time I pass by them.

If out walking in the neighborhood, yet.

@2635181

Thank you for joining. :)

Yes, it does seems like so.

@2634732

Thank you for joining. :)

@2635949

Great. Good to know that it was enjoyable. :D

Small towns tend to be friendlier, especially in the south. The New Yorkers that moved to our small town were always waiting to see what the locals wanted if any kindness was given to the newcomers.

@2635048

Thank you for joining. :)

Yeah, unfortunately, people need to be careful in my area too.

@2634517

Thank you for joining. :)
It's not common here either, except for a few extra friendly people who tend to greet me because they always see me passing by the same place, even though we don't even know each other's names. :P :D

Well, I just moved back into a dorm

Now and then you'll get a smile in your direction, not really a wave or a hi

@2635108

Thank you for joining. :)

Yes, just saying "hi" but we dont high five or make out or anything...

@Bookyanka yes

Thank you for joining. :)

On the city, not really. But around my house, on the coffees, bus stations and such, yup.

@Sofia On the city, not really. But around my house, on the coffees, bus stations and such, yup.

Thank you for joining! XD
It seems that it tends to be more common outside of big cities.
Although the place where I live is not in the city center (and is less crowded), it still doesn't seem to be very common here for people to great each other. Not sure if it has to do with being suspicious of strangers.

@primeiro Thank you for joining! XD It seems that it tends to be more common outside of big cities. Although the place where...

You're welcome :D

No matter where I am, if a stranger is saying hello, it's normally elders. They start conversations out of nowhere xD

@primeiro lol. xD "Hello! Let's talk about the weather!"

Loooool Yeah. That or they start speaking of something that annoys them, or their families, or something that just happened.

@Sofia Loooool Yeah. That or they start speaking of something that annoys them, or their families, or something that just...

Lol, that's gotta be an interesting thing to witness. :P That doesn't happen around here; most people, including elders, just say at most "hi" or wish a good day. :P :D

Anonymous