Novel Idea On Dealing With Terrorists

I heard a veteran talking over the weekend about thinking outside the box in dealing with terrorists. He said that radical Muslims don't care about the same things most others care about. They care only for their Mosque, their family and tribe, their faith. So, he suggested, how about we make it known that if you are found to be a terrorist, (even after you blow yourself up) your entire family will be deported to your country of origin. For home grown types, we take their families off any and all government subsidies. What do you think about this idea?

Image for post Novel Idea On Dealing With Terrorists
27% That sounds like a good idea! 18% It might make the terrorists angry! 55% Other
Budwicks avatar People & Celebrities
2 65

Interesting idea, but it doesn't fit with our values. Innocent until proven guilty is a big red line to cross. Maybe that's something that will someday happen, but not if I have anything to do with it.

@2635446

Just goes to show how terrible life must be for them. The fools can kill themselves but when they send the little children to blow themselves up that is terrible. They do that so family isn't that important either

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred That sounds like a good idea! 0Reply
@2635458

I agree - it's an idea that needs work. But, if the terrorist was born here, and family immigrated - we're back in business.

Budwicks avatar Budwick That sounds like a good idea! 0Reply
@Budwick I agree - it's an idea that needs work. But, if the terrorist was born here, and family immigrated - we're back in...

Sooo. The fellow who drove his car into a crowd of people, in charlottesville? His parents grandparents, great grandparents, aunts uncles and cousins get sent to where, exactly?

@Carla Sooo. The fellow who drove his car into a crowd of people, in charlottesville? His parents grandparents, great...

Good question! The Green Beret I was listening to only spoke about Muslim terrorists whose family came from places other than the USA.

Where the idea has been considered elsewhere, they spoke about home grown types, we take their families off any and all government subsidies. But, I don't know if we even need to cross that bridge.

@Budwick Good question! The Green Beret I was listening to only spoke about Muslim terrorists whose family came from places...

Why not?
And what if they are on no subsidies?
And what does someone have to do to wear the lable of terrorist?

Look into mass shootings over the last 30 years in the us. It might surprise you.

@Carla Why not? And what if they are on no subsidies? And what does someone have to do to wear the lable of...

Why not, what?
I don't know Carla. You're in such a delightful mood today, perhaps you can come up with some good ideas!

@Budwick Why not, what? I don't know Carla. You're in such a delightful mood today, perhaps you can come up with some good...

Why no need to cross that bridge?

I dont know how to stop it.
But punishing people who are innocent isnt the answer. That is against the constitution. You believe in the constitution, right?
That kind of mentality is fuel for the flames for any extremist group.

@Carla Why no need to cross that bridge? I dont know how to stop it. But punishing people who are innocent isnt the...

Because I personally don't think that it would be as effective with home grown types.

Sending people home isn't exactly capital punishment, is it?

All that aside - I think it might work!

@2635582

We don't know that it wouldn't help resolve the problem.

@2635971

Of course it's not fair.
Of course stabbing random people, racing trucks through crowds etc is kind of unfair too.
The point id to find something to deter future terrorists.

I understand it would not pass legislation.

It's kind of why I asked the question. I think the idea has merit - in that it might work in deterring terrorists. You, have a dramatically different point of view.

@2636179

Yeah, not likely to end as long as terrorism continues.

@Carla People who are born here are home grown.

true enough! And if they commit some act of terror, the idea is to send their family members back from whence they came.

@2635484

Under the Budwick Plan - the terrorist himself - since he lived, would be fed to hungry alligators and his family sent to the country of origin. We're working out details as to whether plane departure should be at an airport terminal, or somewhere 30,000 above the terminal.

Budwicks avatar Budwick That sounds like a good idea! +1Reply
@Budwick Under the Budwick Plan - the terrorist himself - since he lived, would be fed to hungry alligators and his family...

I have no problem with the actual terrorist dining with alligators. I just have a problem with punishing the families.

@2635449

Too bad, they must be punished especially if they raised a dumb A$$ who is killing people.

@2635439

I learned in a Seminar once - there are no bad ideas.
But that one might have difficulty getting through the legislative process.

@2635439

just like USA bombs them and their families without blinking, except USA attacked them before they attacked us, look up how many terrorist attacks have occured by muslim extremist on US soil before 1945, i bet zero will be your answer, how many suicide bombers where there in iraq before 2003? zero, after bush invaded iraq? thousands, seeing the trend yet?

Careful what poison you unleash

@2635444

Those won't open inflight. But if they were taken on a boat carried by a helicopter they could drop it whoopsy daisy.

Do anything to screw them up. Have a new religious thing started that puts violence as what will prevent getting to their reward. YET all these people care about is killing so they must be killed before they kill us.

And what if the close family members are completely innocent?

A lot of families are first in denial and then stuck in limbo if one of their own gets crazy ideas.. and if it goes too far then they might denounce the believes of the extreme one ... kind of like what just happened when a family denounce their son over his white supremacists views.

I know I wouldn't want to be responsible for all my family's viewpoints and they wouldn't want to be apart of mine.

@Zolfie And what if the close family members are completely innocent? A lot of families are first in denial and then stuck...

Yeah, those questions come up when kids go on some kind of rampage and vandalize too. Parents get stuck paying for it and complain.

I realize the concept has some difficult aspects to it. But, considering that it may deter these bonehead terrorists if their families were to be penalized - I still think it' worth considering.

@Budwick Yeah, those questions come up when kids go on some kind of rampage and vandalize too. Parents get stuck paying for...

It might deter, or it might encourage... you're working on the assumption that they don't want action taken against those around them... and that's a bad assumption.

Why? Because that's what most others people would care about and your very own veteran source "said that radical Muslims don't care about the same things most others care about".

Also some (I can't remember who at the moment on here but they were conservative) were stating that extreme Muslims were trying to secretly burn Mosque so they could create more unrest and more tensions by wrongly blaming other types of Americans.

And if other types of Americans we're shipping off innocent people, then they don't have to do anything secret or wrongly blame... as America is wronging them without them having to lie.

All they would have to do is attack, then Americans ship off innocent people... and then they can use that to rally against America... and while that will hurt the direct family, overall it would help their anti-American cause rallying people to their side, because people know two wrongs don't make a right... and all it would take is someone to want to improve their cause more than protect their family.

So a good family, trying to straighten out their trouble kid, could make that kid want to attack more, to 1) punish his family 2) push his cause....

"The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle's own plumes, we often give our enemies the means of our own destruction" - Aesop

Bad idea, because it would amount to resorting to Nazi methods.

It would be much less damaging to our values to strictly limit immigration to those individuals who will make a valuable occupational contribution, will not become wards of the state, who are willing to assimilate, and who have been proved by as careful vetting as possible not to be or to become terrorists or other kinds of criminals.

In particular, there is no need to follow Europe's disastrous present example.

Now, before the world wide use of the word "terrorism" in these days, there were some other issues, that were seen as the use of that word. IRA did fight for the freedom of the Northern Ireland against the UK / protestant part of the Union.

You have to be fucking stupid to think that this "terrorism" is all about USA and Islam terrorists, yet - why do you not see the fucking history? I like you, I never did before (in my previous profiles), but you are a fucking self-centered prick, to be honest. It's not all about USA! It's not all about the bloody, motherfucking stupid people believing Allah. It's the same fucking God, for all of your Holiness.

Did Northern Irish and English fight forever for this to be a showcase of your own opinion? No. I like you and get a fucking grip.

@ZonkeyBalls Now, before the world wide use of the word "terrorism" in these days, there were some other issues, that were seen...

No one even hinted that terrorism is all about the USA.

The Christian God and Allah are not the same.

The Irish and English fought forever over what again?

You like me and you find me to be a self centered prick. ... I see.

Abrahamic religions are the same. They just don't seem to get it.

here is a better idea, stop creating terrorists by bombing their families. that is why they hate america, that is why they attack us, we attacked them first,