-11

A truly bad person ie: a terrorist or pedophile...has no good qualities whatsoever. Amirite?

Image for post **A truly bad person ie: a terrorist or pedophile...has no good qualities whatsoever.** //Amirite?//
Sukiesnows avatar Religion
8 88

Sadly, they probably do Sukie and they'll use them to position themselves to do whatever vile, fucked up, bad shit they're planning on doing. 乂º︵º乂

@Ada Sadly, they probably do Sukie and they'll use them to position themselves to do whatever vile, fucked up, bad shit...

I would have to disagree, ada. I loved you up anyway.

most serial killers, pedophiles, etc., live among us.."we thought he was a good neighbor".

But..they have learned to do so by mimicking behavior that they observe to be socially acceptable. No regard for other people, but an artful ability to pretend to.
I dont find that to be a redeeming quality.
It is a devious way to insert themselves in a way that enables them to do those vile, fucked up deeds.

@Carla I would have to disagree, ada. I loved you up anyway. most serial killers, pedophiles, etc., live among us.."we...

"no good qualities whatsoever" ?

Michael Jackson was an amazing song writer, that in my opinion is 'one' good quality; overshadowed by many bad ones.

Roman Polanski was a heck of a film maker, one good quality.

I disagree that they all have "no good qualities whatsoever".

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Disagree +5Reply

Certainly no redeeming qualities.

Some activities trump all other activities. I child rapist is a truly bad person, even if he donates money to a child protection charity.

no heroes are completely good and no villains are completely evil

@Sukiesnow Hitler?

yes, even Hitler had some good qualities. people are only one-dimensional in fiction

@Sukiesnow So. What were his good qualities.

resiliency, determination, creativity, organization, public speaking, leadership, courageousness, intelligence, studiousness. just to name a few

I'm not saying that these justify or excuse his truly appalling actions and beliefs. I'm only saying that nobody, even Hitler, lacks at least some good qualities

@Wunderscore resiliency, determination, creativity, organization, public speaking, leadership, courageousness, intelligence...

Hitler...if he had any good qualities...they are too far submerged in his bad qualities to be recognized.

You said so yourself: "I'm not saying that these justify or excuse his truly appalling actions and beliefs...etc..."

@Sukiesnow Hitler...if he had any good qualities...they are too far submerged in his bad qualities to be recognized. You said...

The 👏🏼 Post 👏🏼 Doesn't 👏🏼 Say👏🏼 More 👏🏼 Bad 👏🏼 Qualities 👏🏼 Than 👏🏼 Good 👏🏼Qualities 👏🏼 The 👏🏼 Post 👏🏼 Says 👏🏼 No 👏🏼 Good 👏🏼 Qualities 👏🏼 Whatsoever 👏🏼

You might be a good cook, a good listener, a skilled mechanic just that being a child molesting terrorists overshadows any good qualities.

I disagreed because the word 'terrorist' is subjective. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. So 'bad people' in general is subjective. How can we all agree who a truly bad person is and who is not?

BlindMists avatar BlindMist Disagree +4Reply
@BlindMist I disagreed because the word 'terrorist' is subjective. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. So...

No, the term terrorist is not subjective.

Terrorist - a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

A terrorist is generally a coward, attacking women and children while refusing to face an armed opponent. There should be no quarter given when encountering a terrorist and they should all be killed on sight, as well as those providing support to their activities.

@JustJimColo No, the term terrorist is not subjective. Terrorist - a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation...

I agree on that definition of a terrorist but

The term has been used too loosely

So many activists and freedom fighters have been labeled terrorists by the US government. For example, Nelson Mandela was on the terrorism watch list.

Also, that definition describes the United States: she goes into other countries using unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

BlindMists avatar BlindMist Disagree +1Reply
@BlindMist I agree on that definition of a terrorist but The term has been used too loosely So many activists and freedom...

When the US goes into a country, it uses uniformed military personnel and everyone knows who they are and what their objective is. You may not agree with them being there and you may not agree with the objectives, but you do know who they are.
With islamic terrorists, they sneak into countries under the guise of civilians or refugees. In other words, non combatants. They target non-combatant civilians, including children.
It's easy to claim US soldiers use violence against civilians, because terrorist ARE civilians. Implying those civilians are innocent bystanders is simply a lie. Terrorist organizations are not legitimate military organizations tied to a legitimate country. These civilians you refer to as being targeted, are NOT "innocent" civilians. They are the ones who kill, rape and torture, indiscriminately.
I have no problem with terrorists if they had stayed in their own countries, killing each other, but they didn't do that. They are trying to force a violent religion on the world, and the world has grown tired of it. They tried in in Europe hundreds of years ago. These terrorists need to be exterminated.

@2639564

4 tours in the Middle East. I have also been to places like the Pentagon after 9/11.
When there is indisputable proof that something has happened, you don't need to be there when it happens. I wasn't in Europe when the numerous terrorist events took place such at at the concert. That doesn't mean they didn't happen.

@2639597

Abu Dhabi is a tourist resort. Money talks and they aren't going to tolerate it there. Too much money coming in from the rich. Both of the areas you were, are high tourist areas which tolerate western dress. Do you really think you would have had the same experience if you were in Baghdad?

As to Istanbul, look at the pictures. They speak a million words.
https://images.search.yahoo.com...;amp;fr=mcafee

@2639667

I'm from the States

As to.... "don't make stories unless you've experienced it", I have experienced it. From the sound of things, a lot more than you have.
You can deny all the horrors your religion has brought down on the world but in doing so, how can you expect anyone to take you seriously?

@2639683

in the movies... and in cartoons. And even there, they have a specific target in mind, not innocent civilians being the target.

@2639687

Cartoons like this are across the board. Ever watch a Roadrunner cartoon?

@2639707

Colorado is in the US.

@2639714

Yes, the weather here has all 4 seasons so it is nice during two seasons and hot or cold the other two.

I say that the bad qualities outweigh their good ones.

@Sukiesnow I say that the bad qualities outweigh their good ones.

this is an entirely different argument than the one made by the post

@Wunderscore again, not what the post argues

Post is not arguing. Just offering a suggestion.

@Sukiesnow Post is not arguing. Just offering a suggestion.

The post is a thesis statement which is inherently an argument

@Wunderscore The post is a thesis statement which is inherently an argument

I stand by my statement. To me...someone who is really vile and evil...that far outshines the fact that they wore clean clothes.

@Sukiesnow Your just not reading the subtext.

You're just changing your initial statement

@Wunderscore You're just changing your initial statement

You're just not reading the subtext.

I realise you know how to d/v but I have yet to see you upVote. Possibly you don't know how to do that, or that you can do that.

I disagree because bad people can do good stuff just like good people can do bad stuff. I'm sure Hitler did something good during his miserable little life.

@2639569

That's definitely not what I said, dodo.

@2635819

Huh? Are you agreeing or disagreeing?

@2636189

That is part of my point, too.

@2636278

I feel evil deeds eradicate anything good a person has ever done.

@2639554

Of course. Thank you.

also, side note, pedophiles are definitely not evil. a pedophile can control his sexual preference no more than anyone else. acting on those feelings by having sexual relations with children is inexcusable, but having those feelings does not make a person evil or bad

@Wunderscore also, side note, pedophiles are definitely not evil. a pedophile can control his sexual preference no more than...

I have to disagree.
When a persons preference will do physical and emotional damage, especially to a child, and they act with disregard to that fact...it is quite evil.

@Carla I have to disagree. When a persons preference will do physical and emotional damage, especially to a child, and...

so is being aroused by S&M evil?

I literally said that acting on thoughts of pedophilia is not acceptable

@Wunderscore so is being aroused by S&M evil? I literally said that acting on thoughts of pedophilia is not acceptable

Im sorry...you did.
So an acting pedophile is evil.

What consenting adults do with each other is not my concern.

hmm smilie hmm smilie hmm smilie

A lot of people will disagree. I understand what you are saying but I don't feel that way.

@Sukiesnow A lot of people will disagree. I understand what you are saying but I don't feel that way.

then your sexuality must be evil too, regardless of whether or not you act on it

@Wunderscore then your sexuality must be evil too, regardless of whether or not you act on it

Why do you say that?

But, otherwise...I would like to hear what other people have to say about this topic.

Many truly bad people have some decent qualities- the meanest criminals on the planet have an ethics system in prison that they honestly believe in. Respect, loyalty, brotherhood, trust, and decency are all good qualities that many of them possess but they could still slit your throats and not feel a thing...

Jaxxis avatar Jaxxi Disagree 0Reply