You are having a one-on-one convo with someone in forum. What's your stand on someone interrupting?

Image for post **You are having a one-on-one convo with someone in forum.** //What's your stand on someone interrupting?//
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
7 86

I welcome it. I wouldnt be out in public if i didnt want an open discussion.

@2636586

That is true..but if you are having an earnest conversation with someone...do you like it? Especially if they say something like: you are full of shit.

Well on public posts like this one, if someone wants to give an opinion it's their right and I'm fine with it, always happy to hear others opinions, even if they think I'm wrong and want to politely correct me. But on the rare occasion when someone interupts and is judgemental and angry without knowing all the discussion that has previously gone on.. well that's just annoying and they'll probably get a sarcastic or dismissive response.

Find any political post that i make a comment on. "Full of shit" in so many words.
There is a certain woman that will find a way to jump and tell me i am an ill informed, pussy hat wearing, ignorant liberal. And a particular guy that wished me dead. (That was a while ago).

It's alright. It is an opinion site after all.

@Carla No one can harm us online, sukie.

That is true. But then why does it bother you so much that you d/a twice?

@Sukiesnow That is true. But then why does it bother you so much that you d/a twice?

You have no idea why i d/aed.
And it's been three times. None of them was due to me being hurt in any way.

@Carla You have no idea why i d/aed. And it's been three times. None of them was due to me being hurt in any way.

I was under the impression that you d/a'd because you were hurt on here. People were picking on you? Serious.

@Carla Pffft. Picking on me? Come on, i'd quit everyday if i was that delicate.

That was the word on the street... This is also why people scorned the "strong women" tag...since you kept running away.

I'm glad you clarified this.

@2636430

What if it's a semi-serious convo? Do you mind people interrupting and saying: Marky...you are wrong.

@2636444

No one 'fights' online. But it can be a more serious conversation than others.

@2636456

So that's your opinion, then? What do you do if someone interrupts to tell you what an asshole you are.

@2636749

So they have to be respectful.

How is that...give me an example of a respectful interruption for someone to interrupt...to say that you are wrong.

@2636775

No one ever sez that. smirk smilie

@2636797

You've butted in on my conversations and you've never put it that way.

@2636803

Okay...so Platinum is gone...now we have JD. Does he come with a new AV? Ser can cruise online and come up with a new one that is also just as sexy.

I don't usually mind, but there have been exceptions. I do not, however, think people who "interrupt" a discussion I'm having with someone else on a site like this are breaking any internet etiquette "protocol".

@2636836

There can still be courteous protocol to use. Jumping in and defending one person is all very well...but don't act all hurt when someone calls you on it. I'm not sayin you.

@2636855

Sometimes a person can get drawn into a serious convo in forum by accident.

Being online we all follow some decorum. If you interrupt a serious one-on-one conversation...do it at your own peril.

@2636873

It can just snowball hypnotically so you don't think - or get a chance - to take it to PM. Hard to believe you haven't experienced that.

Um...but we ALL have to follow Amirite's rules of Internet Etiquette. And that works for me.

And I'm pretty certain that Amirite frowns on ganging up on someone.

@2636882

Now where did that "original" comment come from...?

@2636892

Your comment was not original...just sayin. And I don't have a problem with that...

@2636911

Yes...but people always say stuff like that when they are trying to defend themselves.

@2636950

That was a complete change of topic...and this is what happens when ppl are trying to defend themselves. Especially trying to poke at the defendant.

@2646467

A heated debate with other points of view are always welcomed...but not when 2 people are ganging up on one person.