I'm so terrified to grow older. I hate seeing the people around me growing older, I wish them and me could stay young. It eats at me :( I hate aging. It's starting to eat at me. I hate how fast society changes and how everything that was traditional when I was a child, changes and is replaced by something more modern. I hate how the people around me change in personality as they grow older. It feels like I don't recognise some of them anymore after not having seen them for years. I hate how I'm already 21 and how time flies and flies. Before I know it I will be old and grey :( I hate how the cute little kids I once babysit on are now becoming young men and young women. I feel pressured to rush goals I have because I'm scared that I will be old before I know it. I miss the fact that I don't have the safe and warm protection from my parents anymore that I had as a child. When I see old people I feel very confronted with the fact that I will be old and grey myself one day. I want to live ethernal, I want to stay forever young. I want to keep the people I love with me forever, I am terrified by the thought that dead will separate us from each other one day. I am scared of boring routines like having a 9-5 job, barely any free time,... having to figure out how to pay the bills, being in a boring marriage,... Haaalppppp I don't want to have to think about my retirement yet.

ThisLadyIsDangerouss avatar Relationships
6 16

Every stage of my life has had its own beauty, and I'm grateful for each of my 70 years. I hope to be a work in progress until the end.

Unfortunately it is inevitable.

I have found that worrying about things that are outside of my control are an exercise in futility.

I am not saying that your feelings are less than valid, just that there is perhaps better ways to spend energy :)

Everyone worries about getting older...especially people who say they don't. Nothing you can do except think about it and try to come to terms with it.

What jan said

You know those old people you make fun of now, if you are lucky, one day you will be one of those old people.smirk smilie

@ThisLadyIsDangerous I never made fun of old people. I said I was scared to grow old.

I didn't either, I just thought it was funny because we really are turning into those old people. Considering the alternative, I'll take old age, for now.

One's existence is ever-changing. Suffering arises when we become attached to the things we desire. Even as we are enjoying them, we know they won't last. (At least that's my superficial understanding of what the Buddha said).

I found this understanding - along with an equally superficial understanding of the concept of Anatman (no self) - quite liberating.

If you're interested you should look up "the four noble truths". They are insights the Buddha had about human suffering.. Here is just one link.

https://www.thoughtco.com/the-f...-truths-450095

I am about to turn sixty and I say age is just a number to be ignored.

I just hate the way this country views aging.

Yeah major bummer. 乂º︵º乂