gypsykings avatar Technology
0 42

First I think you should learn how to make a link post.

Second I hope this is bait post because otherwise I think you are one sick puppy.

@VicZinc First I think you should learn how to make a link post. Second I hope this is bait post because otherwise I think...

Yeah I'd like to know how to link a post. I just find it bizarre how they think that sort of stuff will sell chips. A woman breast feeding, two men kissing each other, what does it have to do with chips?

@gypsyking I don't get why you're annoyed. I didn't mean to upset you

I am not upset. It's just that your comment made me feel sick to my stomach. I find your comment to be very disheartening.

But I shall move on now. Ta ta. bye smilie

@2636717

I just don't understand what it is they are trying to sell

Tolerance disgusts me as well. roll smilie

@PhilboydStudge Tolerance disgusts me as well.

I'd rather be given a discription of the product and the cost. Don't you think it's brainwashing? It has nothing to do with chips

@gypsyking I'd rather be given a discription of the product and the cost. Don't you think it's brainwashing? It has nothing to...

There's a fine line between marketing and brainwashing. smile smilie

Really though, many commercials just sell an image rather than the product.

I've never felt that any ad or commercial was forcing or could "force" me to buy or accept anything. I personally know someone who is very bothered by commercials that show diversity, and he does happen to be an actual racist. Just an observation.....

@Piper2 I've never felt that any ad or commercial was forcing or could "force" me to buy or accept anything...

I've been called a racist before aswell. I don't describe myself as a racist though as I don't hate people that belong to other races

@gypsyking I've been called a racist before aswell. I don't describe myself as a racist though as I don't hate people that...

Most people with actual racist views don't describe themselves that way. The person I was referring doesn't deny it , he just thinks it's okay, because he'd never actually hurt anybody because of his stance that certain "races" are inferior...

@Piper2 Most people with actual racist views don't describe themselves that way. The person I was referring doesn't deny...

It depends how you define racism. I don't think acknowledging the differences between races means you're a racist. I think a racist is someone that goes out of their way to be hateful towards people that belong to other races.

After reading this post and many of your replies all I can say is: read the profile of the people you are following. Or you'll end up following someone who doesn't think highly of you.

@Sofia After reading this post and many of your replies all I can say is: read the profile of the people you are...

I only just joined. How have you already formed an opinion of me? We haven't spoke yet. You shouldn't be so quick to judge people. I followed you by mistake, someone else has a similar name.

@gypsyking I only just joined. How have you already formed an opinion of me? We haven't spoke yet. You shouldn't be so quick...

I've formed an opinion of you on what you said. I will see your personality through your words, since that's all I can see from you. I wasn't quick to judge - you were pretty clear with your words. That was more than enough.

About your message - I was, and still am relaxed.

One a touch device do this:

Choose 'Add'

Then choose 'Link'

Then copy/paste the URL here

Proceed as normal to complete the post.

@2636808

Not at all. That's natural

@2636813

I know that, but they don't know any better. I don't have a problem with people doing that stuff in the privacy of their own homes. I just don't like seeing it. Who would have thought that homosexuality would sell chips? It's a crazy world we live in

@2636821

I have more than one issue with the advert. Not just the homosexuality.

@2636828

Yeah I don't like seeing it. I don't think it should be promoted

@2636833

I didn't say I like to see adverts for chips that show kids dying from genetic diseases

@2636837

I think you're going off topic. I wanted to know what people thought of the advert. I'm regretting asking the question now. I don't like bad things happening to people. Of course not.

@2636843

That's on a different question about equality

That's the link

I understand your issue - I've seen more blatant examples of special interest group appeasement here in the states. This one to me seems to be a pretty good job though - illustrating that families come in all shapes, sizes and forms. The breast feeding doesn't bother me a bit - very tasteful The gay fathers - well, like it or not, it's part of society, and they eat fries (chips) too!

IMO - You might be a bit oversensitive on this one Gypsy - just my opinion.

@Budwick I understand your issue - I've seen more blatant examples of special interest group appeasement here in the...

It doesn't make me want to buy their chips. It just makes cringe. How do they come up with ideas like this? How does telling people how to think about controversial topics sell more oven chips? It's not the only advert I have seen that's pushing an agenda that isn't related to the product. Check out this one for women's shampoo. It's selling the idea of female masculinity to women YouTube video thumbnail

@gypsyking It doesn't make me want to buy their chips. It just makes cringe. How do they come up with ideas like this? How...

Understood! And, if enough people feel the same way - they'll change it. Businesses are trying to stay with it, cool, attractive to the right demographic to sell more stuff.

They obviously missed you in their calculations.

[Curious - have you ever tried that brand? IS it any good?]

@Budwick Understood! And, if enough people feel the same way - they'll change it. Businesses are trying to stay with it...

You're right I'm a minority. Most people must like this sort of thing or they wouldn't make the adverts this way. It just seems crazy to me.
I've tried the oven chips, they're not that nice. I prefer to make my own. I haven't tried the shampoo, it's just for strong women, not weak men like me 😂

@gypsyking You're right I'm a minority. Most people must like this sort of thing or they wouldn't make the adverts this way...

Oh, I don't know that you're a minority - except perhaps on the degree.

I am VERY aware when they're pushing Corn Flakes with a black dad, an oriental child and a white mother sitting down at the breakfast table. WTF? The only thing they missed was waving to their neighbor wearing a burka!

I get it Gypsy. And if you're in a minority - I think I'm right there with you.

Anonymous