What am I missing? I've noticed some Amirites seem to be obsessed with achievements, points, upvotes and downvotes.... what satisfaction does one get because of them or lack of.....as far as I know they don't mean anything...could I be wrong? lol

This isn't directed at any one person, but I have seen a few that seem to be obsessed with those features here on Amirite and have never understood why.

Image for post What am I missing?   I've noticed some Amirites seem to be obsessed with achievements, points, upvotes and downvotes.... what satisfaction does one get because of them or lack of.....as far as I know they don't mean anything...could I be wrong?   lol
45% They mean nothing 18% Points are going to get me that new car I was promised 18% It strokes my ego to be ahead of others 9% Just something to do for attention 9% Takes all kinds on an opinion site 0% Whatever makes someone feel important 0% Other
StarzAboves avatar Language
10 76
@2637410

We all like to be credited for important things, but on a web site they don't mean a thing. Here today, gone tomorrow, just like SH's Leaderboard. Look how hard people tried to get on that Board and for what....not one thing....Fef sold us out in the blink of an eye. lol

@2637413

Exactly. That's why I don't waste my time and energy worrying about those things.

@2637564

We remember when the DVs caused so much trouble, don't we.

And we all know there are some people that ARE obsessed with this site, and some have even turned nasty when we don't agree with them, or if we don't express our feelings like they think. I've noticed one going on the attack and insulting just about every one on a post or many posts. So rude. Maybe a hobby would be beneficial for those types.

@2637580

She's obviously stalking someone.

@2637599

I'll help you get to #1, just let me know....lol

@2637584

lol Sorry, that's not my goal in life. lol I'll leave that up to you.

@2637601

I know you are, and I've thought about doing that too.

@2637606

Same here. There were some people on here that used to grouch about those that were on it....but yet they did nothing, but whine about others.

@2637624

Most are gone, I haven't heard anyone complaining lately....but give them time. lol

It lets you know where the common person stands on the issue

Willcoopers avatar Willcooper They mean nothing +3Reply

Strokes my ego. 乂^◡^乂

Adas avatar Ada It strokes my ego to be ahead of others +3Reply
@Ada Strokes my ego. 乂^◡^乂

And that's okay. I say, 'whatever lifts your skirt'. smile smilie

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge They mean nothing +3Reply
Adas avatar Ada It strokes my ego to be ahead of others +2Reply

I get down votes from Sh, and Budwick, so I know I am doing something right.

@2637862

I print them out, and put them on my wall.

Wow. I just read through all of that. "Voted" on none of the comments.
Just because.:)

I didn't realise there was anything other than the leaderboard.

@TheCensoredBrit I didn't realise there was anything other than the leaderboard.

I wasn't aware of the achievements until just recently when someone pointed it out to me.

It stokes my ego to get positive feedback/ loves smile smilie
but I sure don't obsess about it.

Speaking of Strokin' ;)

Zolfies avatar Zolfie It strokes my ego to be ahead of others +1Reply

You must be interested to some degree about upVoting and UpLoving...since it has to do with points...and you are on the HOF regularly.

@Sukiesnow You must be interested to some degree about upVoting and UpLoving...since it has to do with points...and you are on...

Not interested at all. I have no control over where I'm at on that board....you're the one that seems to be more interested than anyone.

@StarzAbove Not interested at all. I have no control over where I'm at on that board....you're the one that seems to be more...

So...don't upVote and upLove anyone for about a week...and we'll see where you land.

I'm on Similar Worlds where they have no voting or anything. I'm happy there, too.

@Sukiesnow So...don't upVote and upLove anyone for about a week...and we'll see where you land. I'm on Similar Worlds where...

My upvoting or loving a comment has nothing to do where I'm at on any board.

I'm glad you like Similar Worlds, maybe you should spend ALL your time there instead of insulting people here. You just ran LP off, how rude to demean someone because of the way they talk or express themselves. She has now blocked you. Great going, Sukie.

@StarzAbove My upvoting or loving a comment has nothing to do where I'm at on any board. I'm glad you like Similar Worlds...

If you didn't upVote or upLove all week you wouldn't be on the HOF.

It's actually a relief to be on SW.

Too bad LP didn't have the courage to talk to me if she had a problem with me.

I ran her off? If that is you speaking...you are giving me a lot of power. Thank you.

@2638025

Yes she has, changed for the worse.

@2638025

And you, too. Mind your own beeswax.

@Sukiesnow And you, too. Mind your own beeswax.

I am minding my own business, lest you forget this is my post, Missy!

@Sukiesnow So what. You started it.

I didn't start anything, I just defended a friend who you mocked because of the way she talks. You need to take a good long look at yourself, and think twice before you insult others....it's not becoming at all.

@Sukiesnow And you should think twice before interfering with other's business.

It is my business when I see a bully intimidating a friend of mine. Now go try to bully someone else, you picked the wrong person tonight.
Ta ta!!!!!!

@Sukiesnow Intimidating... Wow. Must be a powerful person.

Actually I'm very cool, but you're very hot and bothered, better cool down, before you stroke out.

Conversation is over....not going to waste anymore time with a "bucket full of crazy".

@2638031

I'm the one being insulted now. Has that gone without your notice? In fact it's 2 against one.

@Sukiesnow If you didn't upVote or upLove all week you wouldn't be on the HOF. It's actually a relief to be on SW. Too bad...

You have no power over anyone on this site, you just think you do. Demeaning a person because of the way they speak or express themselves is just mean and cruel, with no concern about another person's feelings. She didn't run off, she just blocked you, and I don't blame her one bit.

@StarzAbove And you should stop insulting everyone....

Who am I insulting...if that is the case...they should be speaking with me. Not you...

@Sukiesnow Who am I insulting...if that is the case...they should be speaking with me. Not you...

You would have to be blind not to see what you've been saying to people, mean vicious crap....don't play the victim with me, it won't work.

@Sukiesnow Are you stalking me?

Yeah right, you're on MY post, .....you're stalking me.

@StarzAbove Yeah right, you're on MY post, .....you're stalking me.

I'm on your post to defend Amirite...whom you are clearly mocking.

@StarzAbove Whatever...go take your meds, you'll feel better soon.

Now you are being insulting. I don't mind at all.

But just for the record...Ser? Could you please tell Starz to reign in her insults? It's NOT helping.

I googled the secret achievements once

All I want my posts and comments to do generate is laughter and nothing more.

🦋

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Just something to do for attention -1Reply