If you were to do a dramatic reading of a piece of writing (such as a favorite book, short story, poem, etc.), which one would you choose?

What piece of writing would you enjoy reading aloud? :D
It could be anything, including a favorite book, a poem, a letter, some story that you like, or maybe an instruction manual.
There doesn't need to be any audience. You can do the reading alone if you prefer. :P

Image for post If you were to do a dramatic reading of a piece of writing (such as a favorite book, short story, poem, etc.), which one would you choose?
primeiros avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
8 38

I'm going to let my inner child come out for some moments: Harry Potter.

Edit: not sure that can be called dramatic though... maybe "Auto da Barca do Inferno" by Gil Vicente? I had fun reading that one years back. I don't remember much of it now. Maybe I should re-read it.

@Sofia I'm going to let my inner child come out for some moments: Harry Potter. Edit: not sure that can be called...

Thanks for joining. :D

That's a fun idea. I'll be your audience. :P

Yes, any story counts. :D (Actually, now that you mention, maybe "dramatic" wasn't the best word choice for the post title.). I've never read "Auto da Barca do Inferno", but I'll keep it in mind to read later. :)

"Green Eggs and Ham" by Dr. Seuss.

@2638088

Weren't they? I loved reading Fox in Sox to each of my daughters.. even when they begged me not to. biggrin smilie

I use to love trying to read this part aloud, in one breath, without screwing up..

When beetles fight these battles in a bottle with their paddles and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles...
...they call this a muddle puddle tweetle poodle beetle noodle bottle paddle battle.

And..

@PhilboydStudge Weren't they? I loved reading Fox in Sox to each of my daughters.. even when they begged me not to...

hehe smilie I've never read Dr. Seuss, and this comment is really making me feel like I'm missing out on the fun. :P

"The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson

@JanHaskell "The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson

Thank you for joining. :)
I don't know that one. I'll include it on my list. :)

@JanHaskell My memory isn't that great anymore.

Don't feel bad. I forget stuff all the time. :P
(Edit) Also, you hadn't mentioned it to me yet, so it still counts. :D

I meant that as a compliment... (Chuckles) It must have made such an impact...and I also feel pleased with myself for remembering it...:)

The Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge

@2637657

Thank you for joining. :)

Don't know that one.

@2637657

Is that a good book? Not TOO scary??

@2637785

I might read it then. I can't read his books about psychos.

@2637788

Thank you for joining. :)

takes mental note

Someday, as time allows, I shall eventually get around to checking out all the suggestions that you all are giving. :D

Probably a passage from revelations in the king James bible. It's has quite a dramatic tone.

Something by Dorothy Parker.

@BlindMist Mine

Thank you for joining. :)