+4

"The only thing that millennials care about more than mission is transparency, integrity and accountability. "

I was reading an article in the BBC about millennials in the work place. I saw that one quote about transparency, integrity, and accountability. I thought that was very interesting. I have personally not been impressed with their work ethics, or perseverance in the work place, but maybe they will bring something to the table that us boomers didn't. That would be to not accept the bullshit that comes out of DC. We seem to have always just accepted the lies of campaign promises as part of politics. Maybe the millennials will actually hold people accountable. In the meantime I hope they find a way to keep themselves employed. :)

BBC - Capital - How a corporate mission can drive young workers awayFirms that don’t live up to their corporate values risk falling foul of their millennial workforce, writes Sydney Finkelstein http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20170822-how-a-corporate-mission-can-drive-young-workers-awayImage for post "The only thing that millennials care about more than mission is transparency, integrity and accountability. "
Will_Janitors avatar People & Celebrities
9 19
@2637658

I guess it doesn't matter what generation you come from. The work ethics come from how you were raised.

@2637658

I am not impressed with Millennials' work effort either (same as Will). If you're correct, then that's another thing the Baby-Boomers screwed up.

@2637658

That's encouraging. I hope you are right. wink smilie

I just wonder if they are exchanging beliefs from one set of lies to another set of lies.

I dont know what most millennials do, just the ones i know.
They all work hard, some raising families. Some with carreers.
They were all raised right. Good lessons start early.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply

What do you mean by "more than mission?"

Millennials have more avenues of attention-getting than BB's did. Maybe some of them have to get fired to get the point across for the benefit of others...you need to break a few eggs to make a decent scramble.

Millennials will still get into ruts. Perhaps just different ones?

@Sukiesnow What do you mean by "more than mission?" Millennials have more avenues of attention-getting than BB's did. Maybe...

That was a quote from the article about millennials holding companies to there professed values. The article is in the source.

To be honest, I've seen both sides of the coin when it comes to millennials and their work ethics. I was always told to put 100% into your job by my parents and thats what I (and plenty of others I know of) do. However, there are those who are lazy, workshy and expect everything to be handed to them on a plate.

Personally I think it has more to do with parenting than whether your a millennial or a baby boomer, but thats just me.

@TheCensoredBrit To be honest, I've seen both sides of the coin when it comes to millennials and their work ethics. I was always...

I agree with you. Parenting was different on the whole for boomers. Mostly moms stayed home and dads worked if there were 2 parents present. That's a rarity these days.

I have no idea what those jokers want or think