Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
5 12

They're saying by around 2030 that driverless cars will be available. I see this as a good thing because instead of having to quit driving when I get old, I will still be able to get around. From a safety perspective though, I see it becoming really safe once all vehicles are driverless because then it won't be just up to each car to navigate and predict the movements of traffic, but all car computers will communicate with each other so they'll each know the others intentions and work together, which will cut down on accidents and traffic jams etc. I'm looking forward to being 80 :)

@ozzyboy I can't help but wonder how that driverless carjacking will go in the 2030

Good point, maybe one driverless car's computer will hack another driverless cars computer and they'll steal each other, while humans wonder what's going on hehe smilie

@OzSurfer They're saying by around 2030 that driverless cars will be available. I see this as a good thing because instead...

That is so exciting! So it makes sense then, to buy a vehicle that thinks for you...in order to segue into the future...

@Sukiesnow That is so exciting! So it makes sense then, to buy a vehicle that thinks for you...in order to segue into the...

I think it is. Sure there will be problems to iron out early on like others have suggested, but they will be sorted out. I think they'll be safer and far less stressful in the future.

My Peugeot thinks for me. It doesn't really give a fuck, but that's normal for French.

@JustJimColo French.... thinks.... Should those two words be used in the same sentence?

When it's raining... It doesn't want to fire up at first.

They obviously think they've invented electricity.

@JustJimColo It's French.... does it have one forward gear and multiple reverse gears?

It has gears... Maybe... It seems like every time I put the bloody stick to something, it's something else. It's an elderly model (1999), so there just isn't enough torque in a two liter engine to carry on. Maybe I should put a 3.0 V6 in it... It's legal - even in Finland, which is a fucking miracle.

No. Does anyone have any lengthy experience with a computer system that hasn't crashed?

@JustJimColo No. Does anyone have any lengthy experience with a computer system that hasn't crashed?

Hmph. Even my Linux needs a reboot every month. It all just goes haywire and scrambled eggs and onions and porcupines everywhere!

Anonymous