-4

If you continue deleting comments online it means you want to look good.

Image for post **If you continue deleting comments online it means you want to look good.**
Sukiesnows avatar People & Celebrities
8 85

I have done it a couple times where I totally misunderstood the question. Also if I add an image and it doesn't showup. So then I delete it and go to a blank that has "add photo" and redo the comment. I'm sure people have their own reasons for deleting comments on occasion, but it would be a little strange to continuously do it.

@2638670

If you made a typo you can proof and catch it in time. Otherwise you can add a reply to your comment...rectifying this major anomaly...:)

If you misunderstood the question...that is the fault of the OP...not yours.

If you quickly regretted something you can still change it within the time allowed...or reply with an ammendment.

The same as the above. It's charming actually...to reply saying you replied to the wrong person. Another chance at communication.

I agree...if you don't like what you posted and you came up with something better...that might be cause for deleting a comment...and/or reinstating it.

But that is about the ONLY one.

But the problem is when you take other comments with you and delete them also. Someone here is notorious for deleting comments...that's fine...but don't carry others along with you unless you apologize to them beforehand or after.

Deleting comment continuously means you regret what you said...if you do that a lot...I ask you...become more grounded and certain in what you say...and stand by it.

@2638717

You you stand by what Ser said? I mean, really.

@2638746

Maybe you didn't know but Amirite - in their wisdom - has created a time lapse on comments which you can take advantage of...should anything need changing.

But deleting a whole host of comments? C'mon.

@2638675

Why does this happens sometimes?

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +5Reply
@2638805

Okie dokie.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +5Reply
@2638675

I just responded to Plat's notification to find several comments deleted. Deleting a single comment once in a blue moon is one thing...deleting a whole row of comments requires an apology to all concerned.

@2638754

You know not to delete a comment that is a string attached to others...which will be deleted as well.

@2638796

No comments with comments linked to them should be deleted unless you mention it to the others on the same thread.

It's all about one's responsibility to others.

@2638831

It seems when I make a good point...a reasonable point...you come up with something like I'm taking this site either too seriously or I'm lecturing. What is that all about? I can't make a good point?

@2638831

Fun? Who said ALL posts are to be fun?

@2638855

I'm sorry if I lecture. Tell me...at least give me an example of this...to back up what you are saying.

I can't be responsible for people having fun or not. It's up to them, not me.

@2638855

It's also Not Fun to go back on a notification to respond to a comment and find everything deleted.

@2638688

Your name is mud.

If I delete comments it's because I'm not satisfied with what I wrote, as in it's not really explaining my reasoning or after some minutes, I had more to say and I can't edit. Sometimes I just reply to the comment, saying the rest, other times I delete it and write it all in one. If I look good or not, it's not the issue. I just don't like misunderstandings.

Edit: ah, this is because of the other comments being taken down. I normally don't delete when there's replies.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +8Reply
@Sukiesnow So then you agree but you also disagree. Get it?

If I was agreeing and disagreeing, I wouldn't have clicked on either agree or disagree. You said if people keep on deleting comments they want to look good. You commented there's no reason to delete comments - as me and some others have explained, there's plenty of reasons to delete comments. I'm disagreeing.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +7Reply
@Sofia If I was agreeing and disagreeing, I wouldn't have clicked on either agree or disagree. You said if people keep on...

I don't understand: If I was agreeing and disagreeing, I wouldn't have clicked on either agree or disagree. what does this mean?

@Sukiesnow I don't understand: If I was agreeing and disagreeing, I wouldn't have clicked on either agree or disagree....

When I agree and disagree at the same time, I don't click neither Agree or Disagree. I just comment.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +5Reply
@2638738

No, he actually has not, but John has. Almost to the point of mental illness.

@2638775

Just stating the obvious. He made a career out of deleting comments.

Now please, ask me another loaded question that will keep the fire burning.

@2638738

Okay. You can't blame MM anymore.

@2638756

Time to man-up for real.

@2638783

I mean it's time to stop bein a wuss...stop bein a bully...and start getting to the heart of what you feel.

You aren't a bully with me anymore...but you have the potential. After all, you were bullied before, right? So...

@2638798

That is the perfect quote. In some of his movies he is also a bully. Besides, I don't listen to quotes from people who never graduated highschool.

You did bully me when I was first on here...and starting to get to know you. Maybe defense is your opening stance with people....as bullying is mostly defensive.

@2638824

Mark...you don't think very much before you respond, do you? Instant Reactions online aren't always reasonable. Try to think more and make your reponses more reasonable.

That's what got Marky in trouble and I thought you might have learned from that.

I'll often posts comments, read them, and then decide to change them right away.

There are many legit reasons for doing so. Sometimes you just have a change of heart.

But there is one member who continuously does it, just to mess with people's heads.

@dru18 There are many legit reasons for doing so. Sometimes you just have a change of heart. But there is one member who...

So one person does it just to mess with people's head...and someone else does it just because she likes looking good.

We have it narrowed down...

I disagree that there is NO reason to delete comments. That editing time is pretty brief, although I can see good reason in that. I don't see anything wrong with deleting a comment when no one has replied to or acknowledged it yet, for whatever ever reason.
I DO see something wrong with people doing it just because they think the replies they got made them look bad, and some people here are downright infamous for that.

This comment was deleted.
@2638707

Some ppl don't see a good thing if they fall over it.

So...what specifically are you disagreeing with?

There's no reason to delete comments.

@2639097

Bingo! Nothing wrong with proofreading which our happy deleters don't seem to have thought about...

@2639204

Ha ha ha...so true.

@2639951

Yes, while there is bound to be some spill over - especially, mostly if you're a woman it seems - enough of it and it gets too much Peyton Place.

@2640634

FB CAN become like a tabloid of the family. Ugh and Spooky!

@2641362

And my sister keeps telling me Whay aren't you on FB anymore...? and I can't give her an answer but it's the same sort of thing...there's too much involvement... And drama... It can suck you in and then spit you out. No remorse.

@2641382

SCREAM! I heard about that...how bloody naïve and what a stoopid way to loose a job...ha...

Amirite is much safer but I still wouldn't use my real name online since you never know who might be on here...

Yup. You got me. Good job Sukie. Want to try lightening up a bit or are you going to continue to take this place too seriously?

@TheCensoredBrit Maybe if people like you changed your tune, I would.

What should I change my tune to?

You're no prize, either.

@Sukiesnow Neither did I, mate.

You're a liar then, because your responses and the way you act on this site indicate as much.

@TheCensoredBrit You're a liar then, because your responses and the way you act on this site indicate as much.

Whoa... What brought that on.

I did...ask you above what I should change my tune to.

If I remove a comment...you can interpret it however you like..

I'm happy, you're happy....Bake a cake.

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Disagree -1Reply