-9

The culture in the workplace is the responsibility of the employee, not the employer.

Gavin_Joness avatar Jobs & Employment
3 13

I think the employer sets the stage for the culture and environment for the workplace. ex. The employer is the one who can influence policies on casual dress, flexible hours, establishing pride in the company and individual accomplishments, etc. We often hear about what companies are good to work for and why.

@JustJimColo I think the employer sets the stage for the culture and environment for the workplace. ex. The employer is the one...

I agree. The employer is also the one that investigates harassment and controls discipline.

Culture in a workplace always is the responsibility of the owner/management. The employees can make it good or bad, but if someone is going to complain or file a law suit, it is going to be with the owner, not the employees.

The employer/management sets the TONE for the culture in the workplace.

Seonags avatar Seonag Disagree 0Reply

Like most things in life, it depends most heavily on the realationship between different elements rather than the elements themselves

Work doesn't need culture

Culture sucks

I don't think so because the management and owners make the rules - not the employees, however, there can be a lot of groups within any company.