+2

We need a definition of bullying on Amirite. Is your definition more about you...or what really is...

We can make our own definitions...No need for Merriam-Webster's.... Please...give your own definition and let's mostly talk BULLYING on here...and perhaps examples on here... Is bullying in the eye of the beholder or is it specific...especially online. If someone claims someone is a bully...what does that say about you?

Image for post **We need a definition of bullying on Amirite.** //Is your definition more about you...or what really is...//
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
7 42

Since there is no physical intimidation on here it has be more like brow beating and harassment. I don't really see a need for a definition. If someone feels bullied then that's the way they feel. They should block that person. If that person continues to go after them as an anon, then the mods should get involved because that is infact bullying.

@Will_Janitor Since there is no physical intimidation on here it has be more like brow beating and harassment. I don't really...

So...what are examples of "browbeating and harassment" on here? To an extent - online - a person has to know how to defend themselves.

@Sukiesnow So...what are examples of "browbeating and harassment" on here? To an extent - online - a person has to know how to...

I have seen people argue and call each other names, but that isn't harassment since they are both acting on the offensive. So I can't say that I have witnessed a defenseless person getting attacked on here. I was just trying to help define what would be bullying on the internet.

@Will_Janitor I have seen people argue and call each other names, but that isn't harassment since they are both acting on the...

Yes...well we need someone who is well-balanced input.

So name calling...isn't bullying?

This is why I had this post. People don't know what BULLYING on Amirite is...they are ignorant of what it is...and are simply striking out.

Now there are people on here I would not discuss anything with simply since I perceive they are deficient in their mental abilities.

@Sukiesnow Yes...well we need someone who is well-balanced input. So name calling...isn't bullying? This is why I had this...

Name calling can be bullying. Bullying is someone stronger picking on someone weaker whether that is with fists or words.

@Will_Janitor Name calling can be bullying. Bullying is someone stronger picking on someone weaker whether that is with fists or...

I thought you said before that name calling...especially if 2 people do it..is not bullying.

@Sukiesnow I thought you said before that name calling...especially if 2 people do it..is not bullying.

Right. 2 people fighting it out is not bullying. 1 person attacking a another is bullying.

@Will_Janitor Right. 2 people fighting it out is not bullying. 1 person attacking a another is bullying.

I agree. When some people are blurting out insults they sometimes do so with out thinking.

@2639596

Anyone can be "hurt"... Hurt feelings are a dollar a dime...it does not verify bullying.

@2639663

I'm not pandering.

@Sukiesnow I'm not pandering.

And yet you feel others should pander to you. Not going to happen

Although a very small amount of "verbal intimidation" may take place on here, I think it is more just hurling insults back and forth than bullying. When I see some people claiming a person is bullying them, I almost have to laugh. A person says something stupid, and when someone tries to hold them accountable, they call it bullying. It won't be long before snowflakes on the Internet start demanding a "safe space".

Bullying on Amirite: An often over and misused claim and accusation, when someone doesn't like what another member says to them.

It's simple. The internet has made bullying way too easy. I feel sorry for kids nowadays, for there is no way to get away from it.

On Amirite? That is simple too. Amirite has got to be one of the laziest run sites around.

@2639610

Gladly, MM.

We have only recently, (very) gotten moderators who actually will do anything about bullying. Which left the first two years, pretty much rudderless.

And are the people on here who anonymously disagree...are they secret bullies?

Yep! See? I'm being bullied.

@2639573

So if a person says you - or me - are a bully...what's true? How much does their accusation count? Of course you DO have to note the source.

The only twist to the meaning of bullying I can think of is Bullying on here... What is bullying on Amirte? I mean, no one on here is 12 years old and about to commit suicide after a few unpleasant remarks.

Bullying in RL we've all heard about - terrible...so let's not go there.

I don't understand when you said "if someone comes after me." We're online. No one can come after you.

@2639586

I wouldn't pay attention to a person that would call me a bully on here. You get pretty excited when someone does, tho.

@2639682

No one has ever "attacked" you online Mark. That is a physical thing...doesn't happen online.

Of course you keep saying the same thing over and over...it's inexplicable...people don't understand you....but now's your chance to tell us what you go on and on about.

@2639760

OH, don't be so fuciking dramatic. Level down.

As an average non cool kid I was bullied daily in elementary school, wish there was a block button in real life, like a 1,5 meter forcefield that would deliver 2000 volts of electricity to the genitals of any trespassers that we don't allow.

@Sunny_the_skeptic A lot of people

Well it seems no one on here... You don't upVote and Love?

@Sukiesnow Well it seems no one on here... You don't upVote and Love?

I dont think its that many people, its usually a few people a class, but still why do you try to undermine it since this is about bullying.

I agree with the other views. on here. When I was in school, one kid would start a fight with you, I didn't see that as bullying, he was just being an idiot and shouldn't complain if he got the same thing back later on. But when he'd follow you around to keep doing it or was doing it to everyone and it became a consistent pattern of behaviour then i see that as bullying. The same goes for online. Trolling vs bulling is an interesting one to define as both are different but there can be some common ground.