Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
5 12

A day in the life of a fly. That's a topic I know is researched intricately by people who care to investigate such mysteries. I'm not one of them. Personally, I think it's good that someone is doing that research, but it's not something I'm interested in. Well, unless their research reveals something interesting.

I've heard that the life of some flies is very short, just one day. It's kind of amazing to think that an entire lifetime can happen in a single day.

See, that's the sort of revelation that's worth spending years studying the habits of bugs, right? But some people find that stuff fascinating. I can apprecieate that, I have that level of fascination with mechanical junk. I think you don't become a really good scientist (or geek) without a tendency to be fascinated by things that would bore most people to tears.

Bzzzzzzzz, huh, splat.

Day in the life of a fly:

Morning, wake up zip up, go to work.

Bathroom break, zip down, sssssssssssss, zip up, back to work (several times a day)

Nighttime, zip down, uhhhh, ahhhh, ohhhhh, go to sleep.

Cyrill the fly lives a life of luxury near a fragment of cooked potato. He spent most of his eating it and shitting it. And then flying about aimlessly...almost getting himself killed, damnit...only to wander back home on the back of the window sill.

Flew in through the window.Too stupid to find the way out.

Buz buz buz, I'm a nasty little fly, oh look a sleeping human, I better land on his lips and piss the living hell out of him so he chases me with a book until he splatters my entails on his furniture.

Herbie is my fruit fly. He buzzes around me...and he's been with me ever since I brought those peaches in...the smell of those peaches was worth...and is worth putting up with Herbie...

Hatch from maggot stage, eat shit, die. The one day life of a fly.

@JerryHendrickson Hatch from maggot stage, eat shit, die. The one day life of a fly.

It doesn't sound like you think very highly of the life of a fly... :(

@Sukiesnow It doesn't sound like you think very highly of the life of a fly... :(

I know an old lady who swallowed a fly; I don't know why she swallowed a fly. I guess she'll die. YouTube video thumbnail

Flies are evil infidels that need to be erased from the existence of mankind! (jk) I hate those fuckers; you don't have to worry about them buzzing around your ears when you're trying to sleep in my house because they just don't exist in this space.

Anonymous