Have you ever cooked a meal in a microwave? Microwaves are so verstatile and I've even seen Network chefs use them.

Image for post **Have you ever cooked a meal in a microwave?** //Microwaves are so verstatile and I've even seen Network chefs use them.//
Sukiesnows avatar Life
5 19

I mostly use mine for re-heating, but I have cooked things like pasta and vegetables, although I prefer to cook them on the stove as my microwave skill isn't so good.

@OzSurfer I mostly use mine for re-heating, but I have cooked things like pasta and vegetables, although I prefer to cook...

You can make a Baked Potato in about 8 minutes...it worth not heating up the stove for 1 hour.

@OzSurfer That's just what I thought too, but I seem to make things explode

You have to shove a knife or fork into the potato all over...so the air can get in and out.

@OzSurfer I knew i was doing something wrong

I shove a knife (nife) into the potato so it comes out the other end...and I have stabbed myself in the other hand by doing so.

Cooking can be dangerous.

I mostly just use it for re-heating things, or for ready made meals that are designed to be cooked in the microwave, but when I cook a meal, I'll do it properly.
Microwaves do have their place in the kitchen and they can be excellent when you don't have the time, but it's not the be all and end all of kitchen appliances.

Have cooked fresh veg in one, eggs are good as long they as don't explode but mainly heat ready meals in mine.

There is only one dish I've actually " cooked " in a microwave only because it just takes 5 minutes for the only raw ingredient to cook; egg

@2642501

Some days popcorn is a meal.

I use one to reheat leftovers, or for corn or baked potatoes in the summer. Not to cook an entire meal though.

Yes. I heat my Sardines/Draino meal in there every night.

No...I seldom use my microwave.