In a heated argument you could be: Honest but mean, or Lying but nice. Would one would you pick?

Honest but mean is being true to yourself...but the Lying and Nice could save the argument. Which one - and pick one - no wimping out and dancing about the issue...unfair and mostly untrue.

Image for post **In a heated argument you could be: Honest but mean, or Lying but nice.** //Would one would you pick?//
56% Honest but kinda mean 6% Lying but soooo nice 38% Other
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
6 33
@2641316

I'm okay with both, Missy.

How would you like people to be with you?

@2648027

True. Like why take anything personally?

In a heated argument I can be really mean-better not to have one

ThePrinceofWaless avatar ThePrinceofWales Honest but kinda mean +3Reply
@ThePrinceofWales In a heated argument I can be really mean-better not to have one

I had a post about something like: It's only in anger that you will spew out the truth... Everyone contested it but I stood by my stand smile smilie and you've also confirmed it...

Things can get very ugly...

It's a good idea to choose your battles carefully, because you cannot win them all. I'm not above bullshitting a bit if it means deescalating a dispute. Most of the time it comes down to lies of omission, not saying things that are true and I'd like to say because saying those things would hurt someone's feelings and that would work against the greater goal I'm trying to achieve. I run into that at work occasionally.

I had an email exchange recently with a customer where there were so many things I wanted to say, oh I could have roasted this person, but I held my figurative tongue and managed to bring things to a positive conclusion. And I did not lie once, I just stuck to what's important and ignored the urge to lash out or be mean. There are a lot of things that are true, I don't normally have to lie to be nice.

@Maze It's a good idea to choose your battles carefully, because you cannot win them all. I'm not above bullshitting a...

Lies of omission can build up you know. When you say 'customer' that means easy come easy go...you're never going to see them again...so it's worth it to let it go...

But if they were in your life every day...eventually you might have to let the lies go...opt for the bleak truth...

Thank you.

@Sukiesnow Lies of omission can build up you know. When you say 'customer' that means easy come easy go...you're never going...

Thank you.

Absolutely, honesty is the best policy in general. If something needs to be said, it needs to be said. The trick is in determining if it needs to be said or not, and if so, how. A heated argument is not usually the best forum do discuss delicate topics with people you love, at least not in my experience.

@Maze Thank you. Absolutely, honesty is the best policy in general. If something needs to be said, it needs to be said...

That's the paradox. In spy circles they always teach the rookies, that getting into a heated argument with someone may cause a critical slip, so always stay cool. And I have a bad temper occasionally. When the shrink evaluated me to find out how suitable I was for the job at hand, I lied about my temper, which later got me into trouble.

ZonkeyBallss avatar ZonkeyBalls Honest but kinda mean +4Reply
@ZonkeyBalls That's the paradox. In spy circles they always teach the rookies, that getting into a heated argument with someone...

Yeah, losing your temper is dangerous. That's a big thing in business too, and life.

When it comes to things like road rage, it's better if I'm pissed off at someone than if someone is pissed off at me. If I'm the one who's mad, I'm in control, the next move is mine. If I respond in such a way that now they're the one who's mad, I'm not in control anymore.

@Sukiesnow So..if the honest excruciating truth need not be said...you could hold it? Day by day?

Let's say my wife has developed cellulite, and I find it offputting. Should I ever mention that to her? Is there ever a good time to have that conversation? It's not like I'm a perfect specimen. And it would improve our life together if I was to yell it at her when we're arguing?

@Maze Let's say my wife has developed cellulite, and I find it offputting. Should I ever mention that to her? Is there...

Should my husband develop a 6 month pregnancy...he would have to know I don't like it...but I see what you mean...since cellulite is so ephemeral...it really can't change unless you do an enormous amount of exercise and rubbing. Good example btw.

But in day to day life on Amirite...why not tell the honest truth? What have you got to lose?

@Sukiesnow Should my husband develop a 6 month pregnancy...he would have to know I don't like it...but I see what you...

A good portion of why I speak on the internet is to be a voice of reason, and that requires strict allegiance to the truth. Reason cannot exist without truth, because without truth, reason is fantasy.

I stand for what I believe in, at most I'd try to sugarcoat it but I would not lie about what I believe in.

@2641566

You can lose friends by telling them the truth...

Don't want an honest answer? Don't ask me anything!

Mashas avatar Masha Honest but kinda mean +1Reply

Can I just lie and be really mean about it?

@Visigothicreign Can I just lie and be really mean about it?

Or you can be mean and lie about it...hey...isn't that about the same?

I can be nice and honest just fine.

honest but nice

@Wunderscore honest but nice

Wrong choice! Hear the buzzer! Bzzzzzzzzz!