What do you do for pleasure? Is there some activity or skill you picked up at one point and developed over time?

We all eventually want to find something fun to do in our spare time, pottery, carpentry, cars, bikes, sculpting etc.

The photo is a drawing I made not too long ago.

Image for post What do you do for pleasure? Is there some activity or skill you picked up at one point and developed over time?
29% Activity 12% Skill 29% Both? 29% Other
Sunny_the_skeptics avatar People & Celebrities
12 56

Wanking. I'm pretty good at it, no matter which hand I use.

@ZonkeyBalls Wanking. I'm pretty good at it, no matter which hand I use.

It's not a hobby zonk, it's a function and it leads to psychological addiction, drinking doesn't count either.

@Sunny_the_skeptic It's not a hobby zonk, it's a function and it leads to psychological addiction, drinking doesn't count either.

Does shouting count? I'm also a pretty decent RPG player, but only single-player games.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Nope, not shouting but I'll take RPGs

How did you like Dragon Age: Inquisition? I found it a bit of an oddball, since it was first developed to be an MMORPG and then later changed to a regular RPG, which I still enjoyed enormously, except for some of the bugs, that the patches ignored completely. My favorite tactic at certain points was attacking and running away, until the AI decided I wasn't a threat anymore, and attacking and running away again...

@ZonkeyBalls How did you like Dragon Age: Inquisition? I found it a bit of an oddball, since it was first developed to be an...

I never played that one, I dont play many games recently sadly, my top RPGs are world of warcraft and Skyrim, fallout too at best

@Sunny_the_skeptic I never played that one, I dont play many games recently sadly, my top RPGs are world of warcraft and Skyrim...

I'm a Fallout veteran since the first one came out two decades ago. Skyrim... Well... Haven't played for a few weeks, since I lost my interest. I guess I'm at level 64 or something.

@ZonkeyBalls I'm a Fallout veteran since the first one came out two decades ago. Skyrim... Well... Haven't played for a few...

I was the opposite, I started with skyrim then went to fallout, wanted to use the skills of one for the other buuut it didnt work out so well.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I was the opposite, I started with skyrim then went to fallout, wanted to use the skills of one for the other buuut...

Well, I've been told it's easy to get New Vegas working on Ubuntu based wine environments, but so far my Xubuntu doesn't want to play ball properly. I've used winetricks and stuff, but to no avail.

I'm playing fallout3 again with a whole heap of mods installed. It's like a new release.

Took up drawing in high school, we had an arts teacher who's really a cool man, he helped me improve my drawing and would accept me even if he had a class at the time and he'd show my drawings to the kids there. I miss high school.

@2641935

So a job that became a hobby, that's very good to hear John, I bet it's what everyone wishes for.

@2641939

So, John...do you do much DIY these days?

@2643261

That's nice. I know how you Brits love your "gardens". It's odd: a "garden" in the UK is called a "Lawn" here.

To us a "garden" is an enclosed space with either fruit, veggies, herbs or flowers.

So you have 2 decks right now?

@2643618

You paint a nice picture... What do you mean: by saying your gardens are enclosed...does that mean they are greenhouses?

Drawing and painting for me too.

I used to play the guitar and do backing vocals in bands. Now, or when I had my own place I would record my own songs. I mostly like doing my own harmonies like 70's bands etc. I'm not that great but have got better over time.

I'm into wood working.
Tables, boxes, wood turnings, marquetry, just got into carving.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Cool, wood is not easy to shape due to the hardness, good luck with that Bud

You got that right. Maybe that's why they call it wood working!

And, I wish I could draw better. It would really come in handy with the carving - creating a new design.

One craft at a time I guess.

@Budwick You got that right. Maybe that's why they call it wood working! And, I wish I could draw better. It...

I've tried carving too, not wood but soap, since we pretty much had to carve 3x bigger human teeth it taught me to carve other things too.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I've tried carving too, not wood but soap, since we pretty much had to carve 3x bigger human teeth it taught me to...

I've not tried it, but I've read that carving soap is a good way to build carving skills - concentrate on what the tools can do rather than fighting the wood.

Like hobbies? I read, I listen to music, I write.

Edit: Btw, love the drawing. It seems like a video-game character.

Sofias avatar Sofia Other +5Reply

I've a few skills and pleasurable activities...but the problem is...you eventually get bored with them.

@Sunny_the_skeptic For me it's interesting to view all my drawings to see if I progressed trough the years

Then, just like you got tired of playing with Legos as a kid...you may also get tired of adult activities.

@Sukiesnow Then, just like you got tired of playing with Legos as a kid...you may also get tired of adult activities.

I neverv had legos as a kid but drawing is something I always keep alive, I doodle in my notebooks often

Play piano, I like decorating, crosswords, listening to music.

That would be every single thing in life. We are born knowing very little and learn new things all the years we live.

@Sunny_the_skeptic In this case it's something particular that reflects on you the most

You don't always get what you want in answers because we all see things differently.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred You don't always get what you want in answers because we all see things differently.

But it's really a simple question, a very simple one really, nothing as complicated as you make it to be. It's not about the great experiences of life, it's a simple activity that you like doing.

@2641995

Its a long story will, one you might not want to know, pm me if you want to know

@2642435

First of all I didnt attack you, I gave you advice. Second if you didnt care you wouldn't go out of your way to comment this on MY post and make several posts about Linn.

@2642443

You did, you named exactly her saying that she was a man before your post was removed, then you made posts about her name. You're not very subtle bird.

@2648489

Thank you, you're right it is from a video game. It's supposed to be the young version of Ezio Auditore, an Italian Renaissance assassin.