What is the best canned food in the world?

Canned food is so great. Who doesn't have a stock of canned soups... They last forever so are always there when you need them.

Image for post **What is the best canned food in the world?**
Sukiesnows avatar Food & Drink
7 33

I like to keep a stock of soups, chili, corned beef hash, crushed tomatoes, and tuna. A favorite of mine on the eccentric side would be some sardines. :)

I love this bread, especially with baked beans.

@2641985

I grew up on it back in the 50's. My grandma always served it when we had baked beans. a smilie
https://newengland.com/today/fo...read-in-a-can/

@2641985

Looks like you can get it at Walmart or on Amazon for about 2 bucks a can. I might have to check it out. :)

@Will_Janitor Looks like you can get it at Walmart or on Amazon for about 2 bucks a can. I might have to check it out. :)

If you're eating that possibly divine bread with beans...just remember to buy some Beano for your guests...ha ha.

@JanHaskell I love this bread, especially with baked beans.

Looks like cake moreso than bread. Does it have a sweeter taste? Then, say rye bread.

@Sukiesnow Looks like cake moreso than bread. Does it have a sweeter taste? Then, say rye bread.

It is a little sweet, rather like a moist and smooth dark bran. You can get it with or without raisins.

@JanHaskell It is a little sweet, rather like a moist and smooth dark bran. You can get it with or without raisins.

Nice. See? This is what I like about the internet...I've already emailed my sister in the US about it.

Never even knew that existed..

Hot dog buns in a can would be great for camping..

@2641848

I too do home canning.

@2641848

What do you can, Boz?

@2642322

It's fun work but still work.

So for veggies...do you pickle them? I've always wanted to pickle celery, carrots, cauliflower...

I like canned mushrooms, although they seem to lose some of the psychedelic effect over the years.

@Sukiesnow LSD has an expiry date?

No, but mushrooms and frogs do. Canned frogs aren't that nice, they tend to jump all over the place.

Surstromming...Jk...I don't think I'd try Surstromming.

I love smoked oysters.

@Azlotto Surstromming...Jk...I don't think I'd try Surstromming. I love smoked...

Have you ever gotten sick on them? That's what deters me...otherwise I might give them another go...

You put them on plain water crackers?

@Sukiesnow Have you ever gotten sick on them? That's what deters me...otherwise I might give them another go... You put them...

I've never gotten sick on them.

I put them on saltine crackers with a couple dashes of hot sauce and/or horseradish.

Tuna, chili beans, pork and beans, even spam.

@Will_Janitor Can't go wrong with keeping some spam around. :)

I know most people don't like spam, but I do. On sandwiches and sometimes with an egg. lol

I hear Stagg chili is supposed to be good. I find it comes back up, tho...

No such thing as good canned food

Soup, beans..