+6

Bladder cancer is the 5th most prevalent cancer in Canada. Stats like this are provocative.

Image for post **Bladder cancer is the 5th most prevalent cancer in Canada.** //Stats like this are provocative.//
Sukiesnows avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
4 17

I find it interesting that every disease has statics on what percentage of the population dies from that particular disease. (Usually these studies are linked to fundraising) I did some research a few years ago and added up the percentages and was amazed at the results. It ended up being something like 130% of the population die from various diseases. Since then, I've been pretty skeptical when it come to statistics.

In the US it is about 2.4% of people will get it during their lifetime. This year, an estimated 79,030 adults (60,490 men and 18,540 women) will be diagnosed with bladder cancer in the United States. Among men, bladder cancer is the fourth most common cancer. Men are 4 times more likely than women to be diagnosed with the disease. In addition, incidence rates in white men are double those of black men.

@2641923

It's always the people who don't need to have tests...

So many types of cancer,so many ways for your own body to lill us. Do you think all this cancer has anything to do with the unnatural lifestyle we live nowadays?

@Sunny_the_skeptic So many types of cancer,so many ways for your own body to lill us. Do you think all this cancer has anything to do...

Yes...I had a post on it once... Esp since the '50s...no one got cancer then. The thing is: are we stronger than cancer is? Can we take it on...:(

@Sukiesnow Yes...I had a post on it once... Esp since the '50s...no one got cancer then. The thing is: are we stronger than...

What do you think? Our lives are stressful, most people dont have good exercise, food is fake and our air is polluted, we pump ourselves with drugs and good tasting commercial junk food.

@Sunny_the_skeptic What do you think? Our lives are stressful, most people dont have good exercise, food is fake and our air is...

We live on the 'edge' and try to reclaim ourselves with positive thinking...

And most people have several addictions...

And then, it's maybe some of the "good" people that have ended up with cancer. Happened to people I know. Never smoked or drank...still ended up dying with prostrate cancer...

How do you understand that?

@Sukiesnow We live on the 'edge' and try to reclaim ourselves with positive thinking... And most people have several...

I do understand, there is nothing worse than your own body to sentence you to death. I wish only people who deserved it got cancer.

@2647560

That's what it seemed like in comparison to now...when I know several people who have cancer.

We might be paying now for the sins of the fathers...