**Our thoughts continue to be with Texas. cry smilie Texas...of all places...is this due to Global Warming?

Image for post **Our thoughts continue to be with Texas. (cry) //Texas...of all places...is this due to Global Warming?//
Sukiesnows avatar Countries & Places
5 9

I rather liked Dallas, well I still like OzSurfer. I haven't really paid that much attention to what kind of damage the storm did, but I will get back to you, when I'm better informed. First rule of commenting on serious issues: know your stuff.

@ZonkeyBalls I rather liked Dallas, well I still like OzSurfer. I haven't really paid that much attention to what kind of damage...

It made me cry while I was watching the news... My heart went out with empathy...all those people who have to escape from their homes. They don't know what a mess they'll come back to.

Terrible.But it's hurricane season
This is just a really bad one.

Flood? Wasnt Texas one of the dryest hottest states?

@2642514

Agree. Exactly how does someone plan for a 500/1000 year flood? You can't.

Some people are now raising their homes several feet - to the tune of THOUSANDS of dollars - not many can afford that kind of cost. And to do that to all new homes in our area will place most people right of the ability to buy a home.

I'm not a climate denier, but I would hold off on attributing any one storm to global warning. If the severity of hurricanes and cyclones rises for a period of years, only then would I be a more open to the idea of causality.

No, not global warming - just simply a really bad hurricane with tons and tons of rain.

The Galveston hurricane of 1900 wiped out the entire island - about 5,000 people died. They didn't have 'global warming' back then.