0

There s/b more strict laws about marriage. A period of spiritual guidance after engagement...etc.

Making the right laws could forestall a lot of heartbreak. And one at any age could benefit.

Image for post **There s/b more strict laws about marriage.** //A period of spiritual guidance after engagement...etc.//
Sukiesnows avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
4 16

That's what normally happens if you approach marriage from within the framework of your church. There is a certain amount of relationship counseling beforehand, so you both kind of get your heads straight about what marriage is about before you take the plunge. In terms of creating a bunch of new laws around that, I'm not a fan of the idea, just on the basis of favoring freedom.

@Maze That's what normally happens if you approach marriage from within the framework of your church. There is a certain...

Do you think people should just be able to get married after what...2 days?

If we could put a law in effect in order to stop mistakes from happening...I say...bravo. Say you have to post your banns and can only get married a month later...

@Maze My attitude: You're an adult, figure it out for yourself.

Yes but love can make people make mistakes...just trying for some built-in precautions.

Of course ...not for you or some other people...but most ppl could benefit.

In my parents time ppl got engaged for a year before getting married...

If you get divorced...It's off to Antartica to live...for the rest of your life.

That should do it..

@2642170

S/b for everyone...even mature couples can learn.

I want government out of my private life. There are already too many laws.

@JustJimColo I want government out of my private life. There are already too many laws.

Let's cancel a few silly laws and replace them with some that are helpful...

There is in some churches. Before I was married, we had a couple of counseling sessions with the minister.

I think most chatholics do a seminar or study with the priest about those things. They want to get on your good side so you will send your little boys there.

Anonymous