+17

Does he deserve more than $75? I think he deserves more than $75.

Image for post Does he deserve more than $75? I think he deserves more than $75.
Mcflys avatar Politics
4 15

Surprisingly McLie didn't report ALL the pertinent facts.

A Tennessee man released from prison after a wrongful conviction put him away for 31 years is fighting for an exoneration case that could grant him $1 million in compensation.

In September, the parole board voted 7-0 to deny his exoneration case. Now, it’s up to Gov. Bill Haslam (R-Tenn.), who receives exoneration applications, to have the final say.

Donnals confirmed to the Daily News that the governor’s office is conducting a thorough review of McKinney’s application with the board's recommendation.

If McKinney’s case is approved he would also have the option to clear his name

Budwick writing here - There seems to be some question on the part of the parole board as to whether the man is truly innocent. (I question whether it's the parole boards job to make that determination - but does partially explain the delay.)

The governor is a republican. Regardless of the outcome, McLie and the Mcying media is sure to twist it into some lie in an attempt to defame the republican party and government in general.

@Budwick Surprisingly McLie didn't report ALL the pertinent facts. A Tennessee man released from prison after a...

Yet so far, all that was suffered was a 75 dollar check.

Your words are wasted, clearly you're just trying to excuse the pathetic excuse of art Republican government.

He has been offered 75 dollars so far as of that posting. And that's it. And that's fact. Nothing will change that. Not as Trump supporters would likely try to call "fake news".

Nice try!

@Mcfly Yet so far, all that was suffered was a 75 dollar check. Your words are wasted, clearly you're just trying to...

Leave it to McLie to toss truthful words aside and call them wasted.

It totally blows if he spent all that time in prison and was actually innocent. But, you failed to report that not everyone is convinced that he is innocent!

Yeah, it looks like so far he got $75. But, you failed to report he may win a multi-million dollar settlement.

Obviously the truth means nothing to you McLie. Your agenda is far to important to cloud with stuff like the truth.

Poor effort on your part.

Anyways, aren't you and Trump supposed to be somewhere lying about inauguration numbers etc? That's how far you guys have sunk haha

I sometimes wonder what legal options are available to people who were wrongly imprisoned.
What if it was me who had been incarcerated? What value would I put on having my freedom taken away?

Yes, more like 75 million. His entire life was wasted.

Over here you have board and lodge deducted from any settlement you get as you shouldn't have been in prison.Fact.

$75 is plenty for a down payment on a 9mm Glock from the trunk of one of his Bruh's Cadillacs. Then he can rob a liquor store or a 7Eleven and resume a normal life.

Why isn't he sueing whomever put him in jail??

He deserves 75 million.

You win some, you lose some. I suspect this man in particular is not the only victim of circumstance. Sure, it sucks for him, but there are a metric fuckton of various injustices out there.

WTF? Why are we talking about this now? He was released from the prison in 2009! Anyway, why would he deserve more than $75? If he was found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt at his trial, then he was sentenced according to the law. If he deserves anything more, he should look for the crappy defense lawyer who let him get found guilty in the first place!

That's 31 years! Maybe they meant thousand! I hope it was more than 75.00$