Have the Olympics gone completely insane? The 2018 Winter Olympic Games will set a different kind of record in the wake of the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) recent confirmation that “transgender” athletes will now be permitted to decide whether they wish compete as a man … or woman.

The bottom line is that a man, claiming to be a woman, will be able to compete against women in women's events. It this the beginning of the end for women's sports?
http://www.medicalhealthnews.ne...transgenders39

50% Yes this is crazy 8% No, this is perfectly OK 17% This is a joke right? 25% Other
JustJimColos avatar Relationships
7 24

While some try to discount the biology between men and women, it it still a fact that there are major differences. If there wasn't, the records in men and women's sports would be the same. It's sad that a very very small segment of the population thinks it's fair for a man claiming to be a woman, to compete against a woman in power lifting or any other sport.
I've enjoyed watching women's sports over the years but I will never watch a sport where a man posing as a woman can compete against women athletes who have worked so hard to get to the top levels of competition. Those women's achievements over the years may soon be erased from the record books.

@JustJimColo While some try to discount the biology between men and women, it it still a fact that there are major differences...

Come on, Jimmy.

DDR and all of the other eastern block countries were using doping in their height, so basically I wouldn't count most of those swamp monsters with a mustache as women. They had such an amount of testosterone and other hormones in them, that they could've fought a bear and nibble it to death. USA hasn't been much better and we all know, that now - finally - the systematic doping use in Norway is getting revealed. Transgender athletes may be even more women, than the women they are competing against.

Over 30 percent of the competitors in the 2011 World Championships in Athletics have confirmed, anonymously, to have used doping at some point of their careers. Over 45 percent of the competitors in the 2011 Pan Arab Games did the same confession, anonymously. Tübingen (German university) and Harvard Medical asked 2167 athletes about the "stuff like, you know, how hard is your dick today, sister". Ninety percent of those asked to join the study replied with their answers. The total number of athletes in these two games was 5187.

Let's be realistic here. It's very unlikely, that transgender athletes are a real threat to the women. The pure numbers are against them. Half of the bloody population - give or take - on this planet is women. Be a realist, not an idealist. Besides, that bottle you are holding up, that's not my urine sample, no sir, no, no. That's Sukie's.

@ZonkeyBalls Come on, Jimmy. DDR and all of the other eastern block countries were using doping in their height, so basically I...

Zonk,

So, to make it fair and competitive, do you suggest we just eliminate gender altogether in sports and just make all events neutral? One track team, one volleyball team, one swim team, one martial arts team ect? Men, women and "other" all compete against each other for the limited spots, in amateur, pro, high schools, grade schools and colleges?

Of course doping occurs, and always has. Some get caught, and some don't. Do you suggest we abandon testing altogether and let kids and adults use whatever drugs they want? Eliminate all standards? We already have some kids pumping up on steroids in high schools. Shall we now condone, supply and promote it?

You said to be realistic. I'm a realist, not an idealist. What really is sports after middle school? Sports is money. That's the bottom line, at all levels. That's how some kids get into colleges, that's why athletes go pro.

You imply transgender athletes are not a threat to women. The word transgender is just a silly made up word with no definitive meaning. What does it mean? It means whatever someone wants it to mean. If you are a semi pro athlete making 20 K a year, and all you have to do is say you identify as a woman and can make 100K as a pro woman athlete, what would people do?

Do you remember last year where a biologically female high school wrestler in Texas claimed she identified as a male, so she started taking all the male hormone injections? She developed massive upper body strength and muscles. The courts sided with her and she beat all the other female wrestlers and won the state championship.

You ended with, half the population on the planet is women. From the sounds of things, you support the notion that is isn't, because everything should be gender neutral. Isn't that a movement now going on?

@JustJimColo Zonk, So, to make it fair and competitive, do you suggest we just eliminate gender altogether in sports and just...

Don't get mad at me. I still have something to say.

I'm not suggesting, that genders should be eliminated from sports altogether. It's just, that the pure number of people, who would be willing to cut their nuts and John Thomas off and get a full sex change, in order to compete in women's sports is really not that high. Besides, when you have a sex change, your testosterone levels drop significantly. So, no I find no logic in your outburst. They are just men without any male organs, competing in women's sports.

Sorry. Your logic is flawed here. It's not even about money, simply statistics and science.

@ZonkeyBalls Don't get mad at me. I still have something to say. I'm not suggesting, that genders should be eliminated from...

Zonk,

I didn't say a guy had to cut off his nuts, or even take drugs. The transgender athletes who want to compete as women haven't had any surgeries. As I said about the Olympics, a person can now compete as a man or a woman, against a man or a woman, "their choice", without any testing or anything other than saying they want to compete against the women's team. An Olympic Gold Medal is pretty valuable in endorsements along.
Also, we aren't talking about people who have gone through the entire surgery to become a woman, or even a man. All a person has to do to be considered transgender is to say they are.

My logic is sound. Biology and science haven't changed for the men claiming to now be women.
The biology has changed for women who claim to be men and still competing against women. If they pump up on steroids, hod do you not see that as an advantage? (Women who claim to be women and compete are not allowed to use steroids.

@JustJimColo Zonk, I didn't say a guy had to cut off his nuts, or even take drugs. The transgender athletes who want to...

Alrighty then.

If that is the case, I completely agree with you. Communication is not always the best tool for finding mutual understanding. I'd prefer hand-wrestling, beer and LSD.

@2643477

That's a lie! You weren't called that. We can call you many things, tho...smirk2 smilie

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yes this is crazy 0Reply
@2643487

You can't End of Story me. Ha. Never once said you were homophobic.

The Olympics is a world stage for the left. It's 'natural' that they would honor unnatural things such as transgender athletes.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Yes this is crazy +2Reply

Yes... This is crazy. I knew it would come to this, tho.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yes this is crazy +2Reply

The world has gone completely mad.Look out for all those'men' winning women's events.

ThePrinceofWaless avatar ThePrinceofWales This is a joke right? +1Reply

It's insane, political correctness has no place here. There is a thing called SEXUAL DIMORPHISM which explains how men and women are physically different and men are physically stronger than women (or at least have the potential to be) it won't be fair if a male to female transgender competes with women, they might have cut off their wang and have breasts now but their body is built like a man.

It's been a rule for a long time that Olympic athletes aren't allowed to jerk around with their hormones. Fairness demands that an athlete's performance is the result of their natural biology modified only by nutrition and training, not by drugs.

@JustJimColo Looks like that is about to change...

Well, that's what I get for shooting my mouth off before I have all the facts. So it's not that they want to allow men to compete as women, it's that "the IOC is not enforcing testosterone level requirements" in female athletes. You know, because having a fair competition is unfair.

So this probably marks the end of the era when a biologically normal woman could reasonably expect to be able to attain the highest levels of sport without taking hormone injections.

Lest we forget...

@VicZinc Lest we forget...

I remember it well. All it was, was a carnival circus staged to make money. It was even promoted somewhat like Pro Wrestling.
Do you remember that when it took place in 1973, Billy jean King was 29, and at her prime in women's tennis and her opponent was 55 and hadn't been a championship contender in over 20 years?
In 1973, do you think she would have had a chance against the likes of Arthur Ashe or Stan Smith?
Lets at least pretend to be realistic here Vic. Comparing a circus to an actual legitimate competitor is really stretching.