"We are all put on earth with a job to do." Is that true...or just placating to those who lead uninspired lives?

Image for post **"We are all put on earth with a job to do."** //Is that true...or just placating to those who lead uninspired lives?//
Sukiesnows avatar Countries & Places
5 17

I can't claim to know if that's true. Most people who feel they've been put here for a purpose, or job though, don't exactly lead lives I'd call "uninspired".

@Piper2 I can't claim to know if that's true. Most people who feel they've been put here for a purpose, or job...

While your comment is good...it's incomplete.

So...what about the people who lead dull lives?

@Sukiesnow While your comment is good...it's incomplete. So...what about the people who lead dull lives?

Oh good grief, Sukie. You said "uninspired", not "dull", and my comment is no more incomplete than your question is.
Perhaps if you complete your question with how you define "dull lives", I can answer it.

@Piper2 Oh good grief, Sukie. You said "uninspired", not "dull", and my comment is no more incomplete than...

I can't be expected to cover ALL the bases ALL the time... I would just expect that most ppl can read between the lines.

You have missed addressing ordinary people who lead normal everyday lives...generally dull and boring...day in day out...it's always the same.

Of course that doesn't include US since we got AMirite...it's SO exciting. (Damnit...I'm starting to write like Gronk...tee hee).

@Sukiesnow I can't be expected to cover ALL the bases ALL the time... I would just expect that most ppl can read between...

Haha! No, I'm pretty sure most here would not have that expectation about you. You, on the other hand, obviously expect that from most everyone else.

No, I didn't exactly miss that since your question is so vague. You have often stated that you have your own definitions of words. "Ordinary" people who have not so exciting jobs, or "lives" often do extraordinary things, don't you think? People's lives are only dull and boring, if they think are.

@Piper2 Haha! No, I'm pretty sure most here would not have that expectation about you. You, on the other hand, obviously...

I visited my aunt in the place where she stays - some Assisted Living Facility...and believe me hon...people lives can be dull and boring.

Did you D/V me?

@Sukiesnow I visited my aunt in the place where she stays - some Assisted Living Facility...and believe me hon...people lives...

Well hon, I know for sure that even people who live in an assisted living facility, are often not resigned to, or ALLOW their lives to become what they consider "dull and boring".

No, I didn't. What, you can't see who has done that? If I didn't choose to use that option for only exceptionally obnoxious content, I might have. hello smilie

@Piper2 Well hon, I know for sure that even people who live in an assisted living facility, are often not resigned...

Well it seems we've come to the end of our thread...as inspiring as it was NOT...

I didn't want to return the favour if it wasn't you that did it. Ha.

Sometimes our vocation finds us other times we struggle to find a vocation because everyone needs to make a living.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Sometimes our vocation finds us other times we struggle to find a vocation because everyone needs to make a living.

It's not always about making a living. It's about a reason to be alive...the French put it well...they call it...something like raison d'être.

@Sunny_the_skeptic which means...

Gee...I thought raison d'être stood for itself...but I'll explain to for you.

Some people have found a calling...it usually means some kind of humanitarian service-oriented activity, but not always.. It can mean doing good...saving wounded animals...or something...and that can give an ordinary person a reason for living. Otherwise to some people - living - what's the point?

@Sunny_the_skeptic Well sorry Sukie, I'm not as knowledgeable as you on random French phrases

I also explained it above when I said: a reason to be alive...but it's good you asked...other people might see this....

I don't subscribe to the idea we're destined to purpose straight from the womb.