Sukiesnows avatar People & Celebrities
3 37
@2643616

Which one are you?

And ignorant doesn't mean stupid.

@JustJimColo And ignorant doesn't mean stupid.

Many people seem to think so, tho.

Damn... I've got a toothache.

@Sukiesnow Many people seem to think so, tho. Damn... I've got a toothache.

That's because they are either stupid or ignorant..<s>

@JustJimColo That's because they are either stupid or ignorant..<s>

Could we say it's never wise to jump to conclusions about someone?

@Sukiesnow Could we say it's never wise to jump to conclusions about someone?

I don't know..... sometimes, the first impression is correct.

@JustJimColo I don't know..... sometimes, the first impression is correct.

Could be about some things... How horny are you tonight?

@2645962

Those two words can be used interchangeably although.

Knowledge is the large amount of information we gather, intelligence is the ability to make good choices despite not having any knowledge or experience, only using your logic.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Knowledge is the large amount of information we gather, intelligence is the ability to make good choices despite...

I don't know Sunny. I think intelligence is the ability to make good decisions based on the knowledge you have. With zero knowledge or experience to base your actions on, you can't make an intelligent decision, only a random guess.

@JustJimColo I don't know Sunny. I think intelligence is the ability to make good decisions based on the knowledge you have...

But if you based it off knowledge then it's not intelligence for me, if you make good choices based on knowledge isn't that wisdom?

@Sunny_the_skeptic But if you based it off knowledge then it's not intelligence for me, if you make good choices based on knowledge...

Not at all. Intelligence is the ability to learn.
If you you were asked to make a natural medicine out of plants, with no knowledge of any plants, could you do it? That's where intelligence comes in. A person who has knowledge about plants and the human body can understand the reactions of what is in those plants on the human body, and in what doses. The higher the intelligence, the more variation they might come up with.

@JustJimColo Not at all. Intelligence is the ability to learn. If you you were asked to make a natural medicine out of plants...

I like your points, but I guess we respectfully agree to disagree, I personally think that it doesn't require much intellect to learn something.

I've seen people with " education " who have the reasoning and logical skills of a grandpa with dementia. If you have experience from learning something for me that's wisdom from knowledge.

How do you explain someone having smart reasoning and making good choices without having any experience?

@Sunny_the_skeptic I like your points, but I guess we respectfully agree to disagree, I personally think that it doesn't require much...

We'll have to agree to disagree then..<s> I don't think all people have the same ability learn. If they did, we'd have all taken advanced calculus in high school. We'd all have been smart enough to get in to Med School. <s> Thinking back to HS, would you want anyone in your class to be operating on you? <s>

@JustJimColo We'll have to agree to disagree then..<s> I don't think all people have the same ability learn. If they did, we'd...

Actually I do, I have a former classmate who's my colleague in uni now, he's in medicine which is a neighboring major to DMs

@JustJimColo Was he at the top 10% of his class or the bottom 10%?

I see what you're trying to say, and I'm probably halfway trough agreeing with you, but then where do we put the line between wisdom and intellect? Being good due to experience from knowledge and just simply to be smarter than anyone else?

@Sunny_the_skeptic I see what you're trying to say, and I'm probably halfway trough agreeing with you, but then where do we put the...

Wisdom vs intellect is a tough one. I guess the intellectual might say, we CAN do this. The guy with wisdom says, SHOULD we do it?
I'm not saying a high intellect makes a person better than anyone else, just different.
I know a great mechanic who lives on a farm not far from mine. I take everything I have that needs worked on to him. It also took me 30 minutes one day to convince him that the Sun is a star. He couldn't grasp it right away. I didn't go into how we knew Pluto existed decades efore it was ever seen. :)

@JustJimColo Wisdom vs intellect is a tough one. I guess the intellectual might say, we CAN do this. The guy with wisdom says...

If I know one thing about very intelligent people is that they're weird, they have a bit of whack in them.
Not like crazy or insane, but a bit socially awkward. They're also prone to melancholy and self destructive tendencies.

@Sunny_the_skeptic If I know one thing about very intelligent people is that they're weird, they have a bit of whack in them. Not like...

I've known the type. My son had a genius friend in HS. He wanted to do some experiments with citric acid. He told my son all about how they they would make the citric acid to use in the experiment. My son suggested they just go buy it for 4 or 5 dollars. It had never occurred to V to just go buy it. As to the experiment V wanted to use the citric acid for, my son was totally lost.

@JustJimColo I've known the type. My son had a genius friend in HS. He wanted to do some experiments with citric acid. He told...

I wonder what experiment would that be, and really it wouldn't occur to me to buy citric acid, I'd use real lemons. Did you know that the very reason we have energy in our bodies is based on citric acid? It's called the Creb's cycle or the cycle or citric acid.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I wonder what experiment would that be, and really it wouldn't occur to me to buy citric acid, I'd use real lemons...

I didn't know that. Biology was never a strong subject for me.

The way he wanted to extract the citric acid was going to take weeks.

@JustJimColo I didn't know that. Biology was never a strong subject for me. The way he wanted to extract the citric acid was...

Damn I'm really getting interested about that experiment, the crappy thing about my country is that we lack resources so our knowledge was so dry and only theoretical, the only " experiment " we saw in school was dropping a piece of sodium in water and watch it go crazy. It's such a dull experience to learn only from reading.

Lets look at it another way. You can put three people in a classroom and teach them all about rocket science. One will be clueless at the end of the course, one will have a basic understanding, and the third will be thinking of new options to use the equations for.

@JustJimColo Lets look at it another way. You can put three people in a classroom and teach them all about rocket science. One...

For that I agree, being intelligent enough to rise above what you are given, but I think this is what an intelligent person can do with GIVEN knowledge.

Anonymous