A manners gripe. You know how you hold the door open for people behind you? Is that going by the wayside...along with other manners?

Sukiesnows avatar Technology
4 12

I do it all the time.

Occasionally people will walk through and not say a word.. like it's my job to hold the door. That irks my rod, but most people acknowledge the gesture.

@PhilboydStudge I do it all the time. Occasionally people will walk through and not say a word.. like it's my job to hold the...

Yes...I saw someone elderly hurry to catch a door...but the person ahead just stomped past...like he was the only one on the planet.

When I'm in the city...everyone seems to automatically hold the door open...so not many thanks are required...but when you are on crutches and some makes a point of standing there and holding the door open...who can but feel grateful and an inkling of love for humanity?

I find being in Toronto...everyone helps each other...we enjoy it...but in Hamilton...people are too close minded or involved in mentally solving some algorithm or something.

Not at all. I do it and see it done, quite often.

I hope not. I always hold the door for the person behind me.

No way! I do it still, then I slam it on them before they're completely through. It's like a booby trapped door.

Anonymous