Vocab survey # 7 :How often do you use the word Wainscoting?

Image for post Vocab survey # 7 :How often do you use the word //Wainscoting//?
86% Never 0% Seldom 0% When necessary 14% Often 0% Other
VicZincs avatar Jokes & Humour
4 11

I use it now and then when describing some old the woodwork in our home.

@JustJimColo I use it now and then when describing some old the woodwork in our home.

I used to have wainscoting in former home. Now I use the word whenever I can because I like the way it sounds (and I can feel pretentious if I say it with a mock british accent).

oo, such lovely wainscoting!

Oh, JJC gave me a hint, unintentionally. This has something to do with wood... Wood... Wood... Morning wood... Putting something on the morning wood to make it harder... Harder... Harder... Wood. Does this have something to do with Viking boats?

@ZonkeyBalls Oh, JJC gave me a hint, unintentionally. This has something to do with wood... Wood... Wood... Morning wood...

It is when there is wood panel on the lower part of a wall and either paint or wallpaper above.

@VicZinc It is when there is wood panel on the lower part of a wall and either paint or wallpaper...

A lot of the wainscoting you see in buildings today comes in sheets, similar to wood paneling. Old wainscoting used to be individual pieces that were put together a lot like tongue and grove flooring.