Labor Day Air Show

Labor Day in Cleveland means it's time for the air show! [Well, except in 2013 when Obama invoked his financial theatrics.] I love the air show! Spectacular displays of yesterday's aircraft as well as breath taking demonstrations of today's military aircraft. Do you enjoy Air Shows?

Image for post Labor Day Air Show
67% I love air shows! 0% Air shows are clearly racist! 17% I like the old planes the best. 0% The new planes are exiciting! 0% I'll go when the Blue Angels are all transgender. 17% Other
Budwicks avatar Entertainment & Hobbies
5 26

Air shows were a great place to take the kids.

The Grand Finale will be the Thunderbirds this year. Absolutely thrilling show! Every year I know it's coming - when they 'sneak' in from behind, screaming fast and low - it's startling every time! I'm so glad they're on our side!

Budwicks avatar Budwick I love air shows! +3Reply
@2645251

Wow! How cool is that? P-51 is one bad ass plane!

Budwicks avatar Budwick I love air shows! +1Reply

I don't know how to fly a plane. Well, it's pretty bloody simple, as such, but... Not licensed to do so, so I guess I won't be doing that, unless I sneak a bit, converse a bit, show them a magic trick, and off we go. I actually don't like planes, I remember throwing up on a bus. That's C-130. I really hate it, when I don't know myself, where the next turn is going to be, flanking is okay though.

ZonkeyBallss avatar ZonkeyBalls I like the old planes the best. +1Reply
@2645174

May not be for you then!

Budwicks avatar Budwick I love air shows! 0Reply

Actually, this is in the wrong section. I've often had to delete my posts and have them moved to the other side, but apparently mods don't do that?

ZonkeyBallss avatar ZonkeyBalls I like the old planes the best. 0Reply
@ZonkeyBalls Questions, my dear overlord.

Yeah What about 'em, groveling pawn?

@Budwick Yeah What about 'em, groveling pawn?

Nothing, my dear lord King of the Netherworld.

I love a good bait post - and this is a good one, so I will bite.

Air shows are a way for a tyrannical governments to intimidate their subjects.

When Bashar al-Assad 'buzzes' Syrian city-centers with war plains we would cry War Crimes! - It is just one small step from air 'show' to air 'strike'.

No civilized government would parade it's military prowess down Main Street. Period. That is the actions of totalitarians, like USSR, Communist China, Nazi Germany, Italy under Mussolini, and modern day North Korea.

That we in America 'love' it says more about who we are, uncouth saber-rattling bullies, than anything else we say or do.

I don't care if it is Clinton, Bush, Obama or Trump - it is inappropriate behavior in a modern democracy.

@VicZinc I love a good bait post - and this is a good one, so I will bite. Air shows are a way for a tyrannical governments...

Ohhh, the commies are biting this AM!
Careful Vic, ... you hatred of America is showing!

@Budwick Ohhh, the commies are biting this AM! Careful Vic, ... you hatred of America is...

No hatred of America here, just disgust at those of you who seek to give even more power to the cadre of rich and influence overlords who you bow down to in awe.

America is supposed to be 'for the people' not 'for the mightiest d-bags in town',

@Budwick Oh yeah! I can actually feel the love and respect! Not to mention tolerance!

And for those not as well educated as you (because I know you already know this) communism is an economic policy and has nothing to do with warplanes, parades, or what type of government is controlling it's people.

@VicZinc And for those not as well educated as you (because I know you already know this) communism is an economic policy...

And for you (because everyone else already knows this) an American air show is NOT a way for a tyrannical governments to intimidate their subjects.

A typical air show begins early morning, before the winds pick up. The local RC (Radio Control) Airplane clubs demonstrate their skills building and flying model aircraft.

Often there are Parachute Teams that jump from planes demonstrating their skills. Lot's of people have never seen actual parachuting.

There are aerobatic planes of all shapes and sizes- the stunts they perform are amazing.

This year there will be a Drone demonstration - it will involve hundreds of drones in formations - no crashes.

The Coast Guard will demonstrate an Air - Water Rescue.

Static Displays of all kinds of planes will be there so see. Everything from early 1900's to Harrier Jets.

The Goodyear Blimp will be there.

Some guy with a jet engine powered truck is there every year. I don't get it, but I guess the jet engine is the connection.

And yes, the Thunderbirds (or Blue Angels - they switch every year) will be there flying their F-16's in impossible formations and exciting aerobatic maneuvers.

You obviously had no idea how ridiculous your comment was before you made it. These shows are inspiring to people of all ages. The thrill and wonder of flight is what it's all about. Don't let your leftist pals scare you away from an exciting air show anymore!

@Budwick And for you (because everyone else already knows this) an American air show is NOT a way for a tyrannical...

Air shows by civilians are fun. Government displays intended to cause "thrill and wonder" and to drum up support for the war effort are tyrannical. Don't let your rightist pals mollify your fear of big government.

@VicZinc Air shows by civilians are fun. Government displays intended to cause "thrill and wonder" and to drum up support...

Oh, I'm terrified of big government!
If your team would ever get down to business, I think Trump would like to trim big government.

By the way, the Thunderbirds are a USA Air Force Flying Team. 100% government owned and operated. And good American citizens sleep quite soundly knowing men / women and machines like these are on our side. I do not fear our military - I revere them!

An exciting air show just might adjust that sour attitude of yours Vic.

@Budwick Oh, I'm terrified of big government! If your team would ever get down to business, I think Trump would like to trim...

Far from sour, I am delighted to be alive and living in the USA. I am a Jeffersonian of the first sort.

Sorry you are blinded by the propaganda you have been feed that makes you think that a strong military is not inexorably tied to the government ability to take over your private life.

Funny how you fell for that crap about 'Obama coming for your guns' but turn a blind eye when the "Thunderbirds are a USA Air Force Flying Team. 100% government owned and operated" put on a demonstration of a blitzkrieg right over the center of your town. SMH.

@Budwick Do you know what sour means?

Sure. It's how you feel about me when I out smart you (like always) :) . It's when you see or hear something and it makes your face scrunch-up like you just sucked on a lime.

I never experience it because I have an open mind and I don't believe anything anyways, so I can say anything I want and/or tolerate anything you say and not get perturbed by it.

Plus I had to respond in a way that would get your heckles up otherwise your snarky voting options would have been a waste of you precious brain power.