+16

The sad reality for most people is that they will meet someone during their life who sparks within them a raging fire, then that person will go away, but the fire will burn forevermore.

I hope you are one of the lucky few.

Image for post The sad reality for most people is that they will meet someone during their life who sparks within them a raging fire, then that person will go away, but the fire will burn forevermore.
VicZincs avatar Relationships
9 23

True...but sparks can go off all over the place...how do you know which spark is the right one...

@2646389

You are one of the lucky ones

@2646411

Perhaps more skilled than lucky wink smilie

Also...what makes this a "sad reality"...hm?

@Sukiesnow Also...what makes this a "sad reality"...hm?

For most, they don't get to spend their lives together. Both eventually find themselves alone (or with someone else), with that unfulfilled burning desire never quenched, always simmering.

@VicZinc For most, they don't get to spend their lives together. Both eventually find themselves alone (or with someone...

Yes...but my one defense is...you don't know what you've never had...and there are other avenues to express one's extraneous passion.

@Sukiesnow Yes...but my one defense is...you don't know what you've never had...and there are other avenues to express one's...

Totally.
I met the girl in that picture 29 years ago this month. The fire started immediately. We've been married 25 years and I have never looked away.

It is presumptuous of me, but I do feel sad for those who pine for the 'one that got away'.

I agree with this more than anything I have agreed with in a long time.

Seems safe to say you will meet someone, but think on it forever- not I. When they go I move along to the next one.

I agree...I dated a Chinese lady (the finest woman I ever met) for about a year, but I let her slip away.

Not for me