Willcoopers avatar Life
3 7

Numerology is a rather old-fashioned way to entertain yourself.

For example, I'm number four. That means self-restraining, which I obviously seem to be completely unable to do. How did I come to this number? Well... The formula is simple. You take your birthday, in my case it's second of June, 1976. That gives me 2,6,1,9,7 and 6 to play with. So, 2+6+1+9+7+6 equals 31 and 3+1 is 4. The meanings of the numbers are a bit vague at best, but they seem to apply. It's a bit like Feng Shui, but only with numbers.

Fibonacci sequence is another example, as well as the prime numbers. I use them both, when I play either lottery or other number based games. Well, I also use the winning numbers from Lost, but that's just weird.

Used to teach maths in Primary School.Done properly it can be fun.The answers ten (any number will do) always went down well and tested a variety of skills as the kids tried to outdo other.Now is 5+5 the same sum if you swap the numbers around?

Anonymous