LUST, GLUTTONY, GREED, SLOTH, WRATH, ENVY, PRIDE Which of the seven deadly sins have you committed?

Image for post LUST, GLUTTONY, GREED, SLOTH, WRATH, ENVY, PRIDE Which of the seven deadly sins have you committed?
Sunny_the_skeptics avatar Religion
7 37
@VicZinc All

Really Vic? You don't seem like much of a sinner.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Really Vic? You don't seem like much of a sinner.

Maybe not every day but I bet I can come up with an example of each.

@Sunny_the_skeptic You can share to your hear's content.

LUST - I have experienced an erection at inappropriate/inopportune times

GLUTTONY - that forth slice of pizza was over the top

GREED - once I chose to spend $100 on a night out instead of giving that money to the homeless

SLOTH - "these chores can wait until morning"

WRATH - I once called a fellow Amiriter an unpleasant name

PRIDE - I used to pay to get my hair cut by a professional

ENVY - YouTube video thumbnail

@VicZinc LUST - I have experienced an erection at inappropriate/inopportune times GLUTTONY - that forth slice of pizza was...

I'd say those are pretty mild for deadly sins, what would your standards be for today? In these modern times a lot of things that would be considered sinful are considered ok. Like lust for instance I'd consider cheating, wrath physical violence, sloth is barely a sin nowadays it's just something very bad for the individual.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I'd say those are pretty mild for deadly sins, what would your standards be for today? In these modern times a lot...

True that.

I didn't say they were deadly (or even sins) you did. hehe smilie

I don't believe in sin, but I try (unsuccessfully) to avoid all of those listed and I understand why they are on the list.

@VicZinc True that. I didn't say they were deadly (or even sins) you did. I don't believe in sin, but I try...

I don't believe in " sin " exactly either that would imply religion which I'm not a fan of. But more or less we take lessons and form our own morality of what is wrong or right, be it from religion or elsewhere. Not wanting to do bad things is entirely up to us and how we feel about it and truth be told it's a nicer life without hostility.

I was just interested to see how people react to what was once considered a terrible sin, to see how much morality has changed, what is allowed and what not, if not sins these are things that are avoided for the better of humanity. For example being a glutton and a sloth is horrible for a person, you become unhealthy and unable to responsibly take care of yourself.

@2645928

Thank you for sharing.

Alright then I'll go first. My most obvious sins are gluttony and sloth, something everyone likes to do, eat whatever you want and don't do anything.

Lust... Well I lust for some of my favorite Amirites... Gluttony... I just ate a huge bunch of stuff and I feel that I need even more, does that count... Sloth... Uhmm. Those are adorable in zoos, I have to say. Wrath... I have been known to take certain measures to carry on. Envy... Oh, yes, sir. I have done that a lot. Pride... Well... I'm not that proud of any of that other stuff, but I'm still here, and that is an accomplishment on its own.

Everyone, who's been around long enough to reach adulthood, has committed all of them.

@JerryHendrickson Everyone, who's been around long enough to reach adulthood, has committed all of them.

I haven't been around long enough to confirm or deny that but I will take your word for it, I guess what we can do is to strive to keep these to a minimal.

It also really depends on what actions or events you would define worthy of being called a sin, Vic here classified an unexpected erection way up to lust while my definition would be adultery.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I haven't been around long enough to confirm or deny that but I will take your word for it, I guess what we can do...

Lust: Who that is sexually developed hasn't been horney? Gluttony: Who hasn't eaten too much ever? Greed: Everyone has something that they can't get enough of. Sloth: Never had a lazy day? Wrath: While there are cowards who are too timid for this particular sin, just replace it with cowardice, which is just as deadly. Pride (Selfishness): Everyone's biggest sin; nobody is immune. Envy: There is never anything that someone else has that you wish were yours?

I would have to say all of them

@2646129

Me neither, I just wanted to see what people think. And to be honest it's rarely about what happens after we die but rather how we see ourselves, we care not from a religious aspect but from a personal one because we know we can't lie to ourselves.

All of them. Oops.

@YoAdrienne none

So you claim you're perfect and have never committed either deadly sin? You've never overeaten? You've never been mad? You've never been lazy?

All. I think most people have. I work on improving and have left most of them behind.

mostly sloth. Hey did bible writers know of the animal sloath?

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred mostly sloth. Hey did bible writers know of the animal sloath?

I think they named it after the sin, it takes an unique animal to be able to die of hunger with a full stomach.

Which ones haven't you?

@Jaxxi Which ones haven't you?

All of them for sure but maybe greed and envy less than others.

@2738650

Guess the standards back then were pretty harsh.

All at some point

I'm guilty of all to one extent or another. All people are. We're sinful by nature. We try to be good, keep it at a minimum, hide it from others - but it's there.

If only there was a way that my sins could be forgiven! .......

Ain't gonna lie, all but envy... I ain't no saint

Please login or signup to leave a comment.