+9

Your mayor might call for the evacuation of your city...but that doesn't mean you have to go...amirite? People have stayed before and it's proven to be a good idea.

Image for post **Your mayor might call for the evacuation of your city...but that doesn't mean you have to go...amirite?** //People have stayed before and it's proven to be a good idea.//
Sukiesnows avatar Animals & Nature
11 10

You're free to do as you see fit .... but you shouldn't expect others to risk their lives trying to rescue you if your plan goes south after you've been ordered to evacuate.

@2648129

Fires can be bad. They evacuated a city for fire in - Manitoba? And some people stayed behind...which proved to be a good move...but maybe not for your lungs in years to come...

I would knock my mayor the fuck out if they told me to leave my house. POW!

I don't live in a city so I don't have a Mayor. But if we were advised to evacuate we probably would just go visit some friends for a few days.

We're the house that took in flood refugees when it happened here during hurricane agnes. I don't think we would be told to get out. We were glad to help our friends.

Any of you who live in Florida. Please get the Hell out before it's too late. The strongest hurricane I've ever seen is headed right for you; the kind that destroys everything.