+4

Freaky: Esoteric meaning of the name Irma

I thought I'd look up the meaning of the name Irma since there's a hurricane with that name bearing down on Florida right now. There are 2 meanings I can find attributed to the name: "War Goddess" and "whole, universal." ... But what made me post this was the numerology of the name, check this out: "The name Irma has a numerology value of 8 ... In numerological terms, this means the following: Power - Ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something. Political or national strength. Great or marked ability to do or act; strength; might; force. The possession of control or command over others; authority; ascendancy. ... Sacrifice. The surrender or destruction of something prized or desirable for the sake of something considered as having a higher or more pressing claim." Freaky, no?

Irma - Girl Baby Name - Origin and Meaning of IrmaIrma - Find out the origin and meaning of the name Irma at EverydayFamily.comhttps://www.everydayfamily.com/baby-names/name/irma/Image for post Freaky: Esoteric meaning of the name Irma
Mazes avatar Language
6 26

Interesting. I had a manager with that name.

What about Harvey?

@Sukiesnow Interesting. I had a manager with that name. What about Harvey?

I'm being overly sensitive because my family is in the path of the most violent storm in my lifetime. It isn't maze's fault but it sure makes me ready for battle. I love you guys; please pray for my family.

Harvey means "battle worthy"

Old English and Old French origin, from haer "battle" or hoiarn "iron", and vy "worthy" or vif "ready")

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/m...ApyClRDQQZR.99

@Maze Harvey means "battle worthy" //Old English and Old French origin, from haer "battle" or hoiarn "iron", and vy...

Maybe whomever picks the names for hurricanes might realize this....

Interesting too, there are names for hurricanes but not earthquakes...

I couldn't possibly give a shit less. It's headed straight for my father in law's house.

Are you trying to convince us that it doesn't matter?

That's how you go from person that I thought was okay to person whose ass is going to be kicked.

@Maze Settle the fuck down, I just shared something I thought was interesting.

Sorry that I got so upset. I'm just worried about my father in law. The good news is that it looks like the eye of the storm is going to pass just north of the island; they'll still get slammed but they're prepared for anything less than 100mph winds. He should be fine. Still, other people won't be as lucky.

Okay, interesting is getting ready to try and kill my wife's family. A little brotherhood would work really well here.

@Maze Well, I hope it misses them, it sounds like a pretty nasty storm.

I've never seen a 200mph hurricane in my lifetime. Get the Hell out of dodge is my advice.
PLEASE?

@JerryHendrickson I've never seen a 200mph hurricane in my lifetime. Get the Hell out of dodge is my advice. PLEASE?

Yeah, no doubt, catch a flight to like, Europe or something, nobody knows where it'll hit, just that it's going to make a mess of wherever it does hit. Not fun.

@Maze Yeah, no doubt, catch a flight to like, Europe or something, nobody knows where it'll hit, just that it's going to...

I'm scared man. My wife's dad (my only living parental figure) is on the island of Puerto Rico. Sure seems like doom to me.

@Maze There's no way he can catch a flight out?

He refuses to out of some arrogant familial bullshit.

@JerryHendrickson He refuses to out of some arrogant familial bullshit.

I don't know much about Puerto Rico, is there high ground? Some place he can, I don't know, rent a room at a large hotel or something? Ride it out in a building that can handle it? Ideally you'd want something large with a courtyard, and get a room facing the courtyard.

Anonymous