+17

Religions are neither identified as myths, nor as facts, They are beliefs, People should have the right to choose whether and what they choose to believe, without having anyone else, even their families dictate them. Everyone else should respect their belief and stop assuming that they've chosen it by chance Or compulsion.

ZaraZoopers avatar Religion
7 19

You have summed it up.

@ThePrinceofWales You have summed it up.

I believe in Welsh. I think they really exist.

@ThePrinceofWales Thousands of us-😀

Wait a minute, I thought there were about 3 million Welsh, well, maybe 2 million, if you don't count all those English immigrants. biggrin smilie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_Wales

In any case, the Finns outnumber you; there are more than 5 million Finns. wt smilie

I will let you choose your own beliefs said no religious family ever...

Who are we to tell each other what to believe? Nobody seems to respect an individual's mind to come up with it's own conclusions anymore. We shouldn't call each other stupid for believing differently. I believe GOD created the Heavens and the Earth; others believe many other things. I've been called a moron many times, simply for having opposing beliefs from people who have no more proof than I do.(Not to my face, only online. People don't have the guts to talk to me like that to my face.)

@JerryHendrickson Who are we to tell each other what to believe? Nobody seems to respect an individual's mind to come up with it's...

Well, I would have the guts, but unfortunately you aren't a moron. Just different than I am, which is the basis of being a human being in this world of many colors and views on life.

@ZonkeyBalls Well, I would have the guts, but unfortunately you aren't a moron. Just different than I am, which is the basis of...

Well, there should certainly be many more people with your viewpoint. It's the right one brother. Still, people say a lot of things here that they'd never say to someone's face. People are almost always nice to me face to face.

The wife and I could very well visit Europe again someday. If so, snatch up your lady and we'll hit Amsterdam. Australia comes next though.

I cannot either agree or disagree on this one. Alfred Einstein said: "God doesn't play dice." Well, that was his view on quantum physics, which he saw as unnatural and therefore pretty much shunted the idea. When it comes to the religion, those three last words in your statement; "chance Or compulsion" got me thinking.

Actually, you are wrong in the sense, that sometimes there is a chance (a bit like getting out of your mommy's tummy at the universal scraps table), that your parents have the compulsive need to turn you into their own religion from early on. So, even though it's not that much by your own choosing, it's still by chance. Then again, if we look at the personal interests, we all have (more or less, even if we try to deny it) our own compulsions and therefore it might happen, that we have such a need for clarity, reason and constitution in our own lives, that our own compulsions drive us to choose a religion over this weird abyss, that I'm occupying right now. Well, always have.

@ZonkeyBalls I cannot either agree or disagree on this one. Alfred Einstein said: "God doesn't play dice." Well, that was his...

Yes, I agree with you. Parents do have a lot to do with their children's religion, and many a time, they might be so persuasive or rarely these children so incurious, that they refuse to question their beliefs and look outside them. But all this is not the case with each and every one of us. This is why if a person believes in something/disbelieves out of evaluation, or experience, he shouldn't reach the conclusion that everyone else who believes differently has not ever questioned the belief/disbelief they're born with.

@ZaraZooper Yes, I agree with you. Parents do have a lot to do with their children's religion, and many a time, they might be...

We all have our moments of doubt. Occasionally, I think I might even be a real boy and not just a figment of your imagination.

@ZaraZooper Apparently, you know enough physics to prove that, so I'll stop arguing here.

I'm more into chemistry. Are you absolutely certain, that you aren't one of my selected LSD flashbacks? Bob, is that actually you? Knock me three times in the head, if it's you... Oh, not so hard, mate.

In most free countries you already have the right to believe in what you want when you are of age, as long as you are not infringing on others rights. It would be nice if everyone respected other people's beliefs, but alas, that is not part of the deal.