We shall never forget! Where were you on that fateful day? Care to share?

God Bless America, may she stand strong through all adversity!

Image for post We shall never forget!   Where were you on that fateful day?   Care to share?
StarzAboves avatar Countries & Places
12 42

I was getting ready for work with the t.v. news on. I saw what was originally thought a tragic accident unfold into unspeakable evil.

@JanHaskell I was getting ready for work with the t.v. news on. I saw what was originally thought a tragic accident unfold...

Thanks for sharing, Jan. Such a devastating blow to America and the many lives that were lost.

We had flown to Florida to celebrate my birthday, we were in a theme park in one of the shows, when they announced they were closing the park. No one knew what had happened, but everyone walked out in a quiet manner, and my husband found out what had happened while in the restroom..... no one could comprehend what had happened, but when we returned to the hotel, everyone was crying and the full impact at what had happened hit everyone.

I just sat down and cried....couldn't believe this could happen in America. All we wanted to do was get back home to the family....

@2651871

At that time, I don't think many of us knew too much about terrorism, but we sure learned fast.

@2651874

It still is hard to understand....why can't people live in peace, ...

@2651878

That's very true, just look at the hate on this site.

@2651882

Do I know that lunatic?

@2651885

Yep, I have it blocked.

I was supply teaching at the time and had no work that day. I was watching the Cycling on Eurosport and there was a vague mention of a plane crash in New York.Remained blissfully unaware for several hours.Took part in four minutes silences at various sporting events I attended through that week.

@2651792

Such a sad day, thanks for sharing your thoughts, Linn.

@2651798

Being so young, you probably had no idea what was going on.

@2651806

Thanks John, the world cried with us that day.

@2651814

Sad day for all Americans and most of the world.

@2651815

Thanks for sharing....we were all stunned.

@2651842

I think most of the world cried with us that day.

@2651890

So sorry to hear that, John. What a tragedy for the entire world.

I was up late and had the news on and I saw what was at the time, a single plan accidentally crashing into the tower. That was horrible enough but then when I awoke at 6am and got to work, the whole building had TV's on everywhere watching it... then the second plane hit. Everyone was so upset, nobody worked that day.. even customers coming in didn't do anything other than stare at the TV's like we all were doing. We were all in shock... and many started crying when people were jumping from the windows. Some colleagues had friends or relatives living in NYC and one worked in one of the WTC buildings and he was really upset. I've never experienced anything like that day... from an emotional perspective.

One of the most errie photo's I've seen from that day would be of an Australian model who was doing a photo shoot with the WTC buildings in the background, and as the photographer was clicking away, one of the photo's can be seen her posing normally but with the plane hitting the building behind her.

@2651891

OMG, he has really sunk low....

@2651990

I think you speak for all of us Will, thanks for sharing.

@2651997

lol Thanks, I was wondering about that, but I don't correct others. lol

I wasn't going to reply to this one, but since I got pissed off by the birdie's repeat of this particular question (that chick is almost as clever and subtle as a pile driver), I just as well might.

I was in one of our bunkers, watching live feed from one of the NOSS triplets. I know they are supposed to be for naval use only, but technically Hudson and East River aren't that much of an exception - especially, when you take the location of the UN HQ in New York into account. NATO affiliates (FMN) have their access to certain feeds. We had a quick assessment meeting with my superiors and we gathered a reference package for the people up the chain. I remember the horror of realization, that game theories can prove fatal to innocent people.

This particular game was based on the second Chechen war, which Russia had started about a half of a decade earlier, killing their own people with explosives in apartment buildings and blaming it all on Chechnyan terrorists. Seems familiar enough, doesn't it... Lies, deception and all of the other lovely qualities of the craft. Hell, flying a C-130, remotely, with an external fuel tank to a skyscraper in broad daylight is easy. Twisting the truth is even easier.

There, I hope birdie is happy with her insightful question, which apparently wasn't asked before by Starz in this particular thread.

Anonymous