+12

16 years ago America was attacked by 1 Egyptian, 1 Lebanese, 1UAE, 16 Saudis, 0 Afghans, 0 Pakistanis, 0 Iranians, and 0 Iraqis. Still we wage war against Afghans, Pakistanis, Iranians and Iraqis and count among our allies: Egypt, Lebanon, UAE, Saudi Arabia. I have to wonder what the real reason for the continued war is.

Image for post 16 years ago America was attacked  by 1 Egyptian, 1 Lebanese, 1UAE, 16 Saudis, 0 Afghans, 0 Pakistanis, 0 Iranians, and 0 Iraqis.  Still we wage war against Afghans, Pakistanis, Iranians and Iraqis and count among our allies: Egypt, Lebanon, UAE, Saudi Arabia. I have to wonder what the real reason for the continued war is.
VicZincs avatar Politics
6 26

Because the US wanted to go to war with Afghans, Pakistanis, Iranians and Iraqis and hoped people wouldn't know the difference?

@2652323

On the other hand when something like this happens people cry and they want their blood, on their land.

The Rules of Acquisition, rule #34: "War is good for business."

I just wonder, why isn't anyone asking, what happened to the congressional hearings about the money spent on black projects... They suddenly never took place, when a war broke out, in September 2001. Oh, right, the only computers to hold the numbers were located in the exact spot in Pentagon, where the cruise missile hit. Oops... I meant plane, my bad.

@2652036

It's a vicious cycle, kid.

Sorry for calling you that, you are one of the brightest minds I have ever witnessed, but you are still lacking in experience this time around (perhaps your previous lives have been more interesting than mine). Maze will scorch me for saying "all Abrahamic religions are the same" and he would be correct to do so. But we do share the same roots, so we are not completely lost at trying to understand each other, over the boundaries. Now, I hate to break your pretty image, that has been fed to you, since you've been a small child, but...

Saudis... Well, arrogant pricks with towels on their heads and lots of money to spend on hookers, cocaine and extremely fast cars. Terrorists? Well, yes and no. Do you know what the difference between a privateer and a pirate is? They both do the same exact thing, pillaging ships, killing the crew and obtaining the valuables... Do you? Privateers work for a government, they do their dirty bidding. They are mercenaries. They use the same tactics and most of them are (notice the term, it's not "were" - it's "are") ex-pirates.

Let's see if you can put certain pieces together, on your own, kid.

@2652247

I apologize, if I tried to patronize you.

Opium.
But this may a question better asked of President Barack Obama, who kept it going for 8 years, longer than any commander in chief.

The main reason is to maintain the unobstructed flow of oil to the rest of the world at relatively "free market" prices, not highly inflated prices due to supply restrictions (or monopolies).

the real reason for war is profit.

Perhaps America just has to take it...they certainly have given it out.

@2657177

True but Saudi is the most conservative fundamental Muslin state outside of Africa. So why do we kiss their asses all day long?.

@VicZinc True but Saudi is the most conservative fundamental Muslin state outside of Africa. So why do we kiss their asses...

Because they give us the oil, that we need.

It's very simple, uncle, and you got us there.