+11

Women are emotional for many reasons, despite their periods.

Image for post **Women are emotional for many reasons, despite their periods.**
Sukiesnows avatar Animals & Nature
4 19

I dislike when women use their periods as rationale for being bitchy. Just sayin'. pce smilie

@PhilboydStudge I dislike when women use their periods as rationale for being bitchy. Just sayin'.

To be fair, we dislike when our bodies change our emotions, give us cramps and aches, change our poop schedules, give us headaches, require that we spend money, and ruin our clothes, too. Just sayin'. pce smilie

@Wunderscore To be fair, we dislike when our bodies change our emotions, give us cramps and aches, change our poop schedules...

Body changes - in particular brain chemistry - affect all of our emotions. I have these maladies every day of the week:

• Anxiety/Depression (and side-effects from meds)
  • Poor eyesight
  • Lower back stiffness
  • Knuckles hurt (probably arthritis)
  • Elbows and forearms hurt (tendinitis)
  • Knees hurt (probably arthritis)

I'm not trying to be a dick. It's just that in my family, when a male gets irritated or angry, he is being an asshole. If it's a woman gets irritated or angry, she might be having, or is about to have, her period.

@PhilboydStudge Body changes - in particular brain chemistry - affect all of our emotions. I have these maladies every day of the...

I agree that we are ultimately responsible for our own behavior regardless of circumstance. However, the "maladies" you listed are not male-exclusive. Indeed, the medicine which can regulate your period, birth control, often interferes with other problems.

Forgive me if I'm not a ball of sunshine when I am attempting to force a plastic T through my cervix by means of intense cramping for 1/3 of every month, on top of all of my other mental and physical illnesses.

@Wunderscore I agree that we are ultimately responsible for our own behavior regardless of circumstance. However, the "maladies"...

All good points.

And well.. it's not like my arguing about it will change anything. People will still play the "period card" when they see fit.

@2675288

Dude. I feel your pain. I have three sisters and three daughters. Now I wander around talking to myself.

Women, many in the past 70 years have tried to explain why they are emotional...many succeeded, I'm convinced.

For those that disagree, you've obviously never witnessed the emotional mood swings of a woman who has gone through the change known as menopause, at which point, her menstrual cycle seizes to continue.