Every story has its villains, turn the clock back to your teens. Who bullied you, why, how many of them were there and who do you think bullies worse - boys or girls?

Image for post Every story has its villains, turn the clock back to your teens. Who bullied you, why, how many of them were there and who do you think bullies worse - boys or girls?
Sunny_the_skeptics avatar Life
9 59
@2652993

The way I see it boys will beat the living crap out of you for fun or because you're an easy target, while girls wont beat you but they will destroy other girls mentally.

@2653000

Nope, it's not over with not at all. If you're a weak target you get picked on every day this was the way it went for me in middle school.

@2653004

I was too kind and was afraid of hurting them, I wish I wasn't but karma exists I guess, all of them are growing up into nothing.

@Budwick Girls try the mental destruction of guys too.

Perhaps, there was this tall one who wanted me to chase her for some reason.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Perhaps, there was this tall one who wanted me to chase her for some reason.

Yes, the bitches learn early how to hone their skills of getting men to do their bidding. They know guys are suckers for girls. It's just not PC to drag 'em by the hair back to the man cave anymore!hehe smilie

@Budwick Yes, the bitches learn early how to hone their skills of getting men to do their bidding. They know guys are...

You're right, she was trying to get me ti play with her, ended up with a lot of butt grabbing, although I wondered why because I was very chubby in middle school

@Sunny_the_skeptic You're right, she was trying to get me ti play with her, ended up with a lot of butt grabbing, although I wondered...

She wasn't going to try it out on the middle school Adonis first!

Girls learn quickly that boys / men are really simple creatures. And girls 'come from the factory' fully equipped to tease and tantalize us poor slobs.

I was never bullied, only because I had older siblings...lol

@2653070

I know, but I can handle you any time....lolnme smilienme smilie

@2653081

lol especially when I'm on duty! lol

@2653415

Yep, Starz the cop. lol

I went to an all boys school until I was 14, the bullying was relentless by many and always in gangs, never one on one. I literally thought I was going to die at school. They would break into my locker and destroy my homework, steal my lunch, always beat me up or make me take the blame for anything they did. The teachers would cane me regularly as I was the one they blamed for supposedly being the trouble maker. Then one day when I was 12, something snapped inside and i realised that they couldn't hurt me more than they were, so when a group started to taunt me, I king hit the biggest guy in the group and hurt him as much as possible until I lost, but in the process he had a blood nose and ripped clothes. I survived and i did this a few times until they realised that bullying now came at a price. So they reluctantly gave up. I went to a mixed/mostly girls school for my final two years. The girls were all great, never had an issue with anyone.

@OzSurfer I went to an all boys school until I was 14, the bullying was relentless by many and always in gangs, never one on...

That's terrible that you had to go through all that brutality, but glad you were strong enough to overcome it.

@StarzAbove That's terrible that you had to go through all that brutality, but glad you were strong enough to overcome it.

Thanks, it sounds completely insane now when I describe it, even to myself. It's amazing how society has changed for the better in that regard.

@StarzAbove Did your parents know what you were going through?

I told them but then they'd phone the school and were told that I was exaggerating or that I was the one causing the problems, so once I realised that my parents weren't on my side, I just withdrew from them and everyone.

@StarzAbove Shame on your parents..... they should have believed you and done something to help you.....

They would always take the side of other adults over me, whether it be neighbours, relatives, school teachers etc. It made me afraid of anyone older because of what they might say to my parents.

@OzSurfer They would always take the side of other adults over me, whether it be neighbours, relatives, school teachers etc...

Again, that's a rotten shame. I always listened to my kids and to others as well and then made a decision. But my kids were never bullied, or at least they never told me they were.

@StarzAbove Again, that's a rotten shame. I always listened to my kids and to others as well and then made a decision. But...

I'm sure they would have said something if you had built up trust with them.

I asked mine years later why they didn't believe me, and my mom said that she lacked confidence and was naive and always was taught to listen to educated adults over children. The problem was there were a number of times in my childhood where I was expecting my mother to stand up for me or my siblings, and she would always cave in to even requests for an adult over the concerns of her children. For instance, once someone living in the street knocked on the door and accused me of vandalising his letter box. It was probably a case of mistaken identity but my mother didn't question him or listen to me, but I was caned by my father and forced to clean up his letter box. So I have always felt that when push came to shove, that I could never rely on her to be there for us. I grew up with serious trust issues with all adults so I have spent a lot of time trying to overcome that.

@OzSurfer I'm sure they would have said something if you had built up trust with them. I asked mine years later why they...

I am shocked that a parent could do that. I'm sure you weren't a violent child, and she knew it, but chose to believe others. Sad.

@StarzAbove I am shocked that a parent could do that. I'm sure you weren't a violent child, and she knew it, but chose to...

No, I've never had a temper and mostly did what I was told. I just assumed that this is how it was for all kids until I was older.

@OzSurfer No, I've never had a temper and mostly did what I was told. I just assumed that this is how it was for all kids...

I think my mother might have acted the same as your mother.... she wouldn't have wanted to confront authority. Fortunately I never had occasion to find out.

Thanks for sharing Oz, I'm sorry that you were tormented the way you were, seems it was worse than my torment. I hate them even today, to the point that when I saw younger children bullying another I stepped in at got one of them by the shirt threatening them.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Thanks for sharing Oz, I'm sorry that you were tormented the way you were, seems it was worse than my torment. I...

Thanks and sorry you were too. I think the measure of bullying is about how it affects a person emotionally and mentally rather than the scale of physical harassment. There were moments when I would have hurt many of them had a gun been available and this horrifies me now but gives me an insight into how some school shootings can occur and now at a much older age, I put the responsibility onto the teachers who knew it was going on but chose not to get involved. As one said to me, this is normal behaviour and you will work out a way to solve it. Well he'd be the first one I would have shot.

A couple of people tried to bully me in school - they never tried it again.swt smilie

Pretty much all the seniors on the football team, but that was more like hazing.

I got bullied in grade 2 for...about 2 weeks? The girl sitting behind me in class would bang on my shoulder and say "do this, or do that." It didn't last long...but it seems to be noteworthy to me...since I remembered it... Oh and also in Grade 8...there were 2 girls who bullied the class. They were not mean to me; but they were to another classmate...and I feel that I should have done more in her defense.

Middle school, 2 or 3 sadistic little pricks who took advantage of easy targets.

Only one fat red headed girl bullied me. My mom got her taken out. Nobody missed that slob.

In grade school and high school it was guys that were unsuccessful getting into my sisters pants. There were plenty of 'em - six or seven.

Online bullies seem to be more evenly spread among male and female.

@Sunny_the_skeptic They were picking on you because they didnt stand a chance with your sister?

I actually don't recall getting a clear explanation, but it was a pattern I recognized.

My sister was a hottie and I was her dumpy little brother.

The bullies didn't always come out on top by the way. Even way back then I never ran from a bully.

@2657742

I knew you were a hottie! Must be that strong. self assured demeanor of yours.

I grew up in the mid-west - Wisconsin mostly.

You sound like a really terrific woman from a great family.