Jaxxis avatar Animals & Nature
5 14

My sister and her husband live in Ft. Myers, FL. They don't expect to have power restored for another week or two. While their condo was damaged, they were not affected by a storm surge, so it could have been much worse.

A friend of mine who works in Miami

I know people affected by Harvey.

Yes, my niece. She's OK, her apartment wasn't damaged at all, was without power for a while, but has power now, but no internet, so she can't go back to work yet.

She was very lucky because that hurricane was headed her way, but swerved and hit the Gulf side instead of where she lives.

@Jaxxi Thank God for that. At least she's got power now.

We are all just relieved that she's safe.....when so many are still without the basic necessities..... this is the second hurricane she's gone through since moving to Florida, I just wish she'd come back home.

Yes. Neighbors, friends and most everyone who lives in Florida, was "affected" by Irma in some way.

I have family in South Florida. They're all OK but still without basic services and very uncomfortable.

@Budwick I have family in South Florida. They're all OK but still without basic services and very uncomfortable.

I can imagine. I lived in Florida during this time of year and it was so humid I couldn't breathe and the mosquitos were the size of small cats.

@Jaxxi I can imagine. I lived in Florida during this time of year and it was so humid I couldn't breathe and the mosquitos...

My family moved there when I was in college. I've visited Florida many times. There's really nothing I like about it. It never looks like it's finished, it's hot, humid, large insects as you mentioned, lizards, weather extremes, I could go on - but I won't.

Give me four solid seasons!

Anonymous