When did loving God become a bad thing?

Jaxxis avatar Animals & Nature
6 21
@2653396

The question is using reverse psychology and it struck your beautiful nerves as intended. Believing in God is a beautiful thing!!

My guess is that it "started" with New Atheism (~late 20th century). They believe that superstition and religion are irrational and should be countered with rational arguments. Social media helped the popularity of the movement - I was introduced to several New Athiests through YouTube videos and Ted Talks.

The actions taken up by some religious groups (e.g. attempting to make public schools "teach the controversy", attempting to amend the constitution with a traditional definition of marriage, ect) has also made people more aware of the intrusive nature of religions.

@PhilboydStudge My guess is that it "started" with New Atheism (~late 20th century). They believe that superstition and religion...

That might be true but who says man made religion has anything to do with God? I think when the shit hits the fan EVERYONE knows God is real and prays to Him.

It's not a bad thing at all. It's a wonderful thing.

@2653674

See, and I respect that. When it becomes a cult rather than a personal experience then something's wrong

When he invented minigolf.

When people started using that love as an excuse to hate, hurt or control other people. If some people are using it as a weapon, others will start to notice it.

That being said, at this moment there's more people who believe in any sort of deity than not, so there's not that many calling it bad as a whole. There's more people calling each other's Gods bad though.

I fully understand the spirit of this post but, honestly God loving people have been persecuted forever! They crucified Jesus! I think it's just our turn.

What I like most about this post is that fearlessly brings the topic front and center. No hiding in the shadows, no denial of our Savior.

@Budwick I fully understand the spirit of this post but, honestly God loving people have been persecuted forever! They...

Thank you. It was intended to get people thinking if only for a moment about our wonderful Lord.

when people stopped loving others

When Republican scum stole the label Christian and used it to mean : hate LGBTQIA+, hate women, hate people of color, hate the poor, and hate immigrants. Directly in violation of Jesus' message. They're evil hypocrites. They do more than anyone to give God and faith a bad name.

Most people who claim to love God do a lot of things that He wouldn't be proud of and the cry persecution when they are called out on it.