+15

You wish there was a button you could press to calm an agitated person...amirite?

I was chatting...actually HE was chatting AT me - sounded like a squirrel who was on Zoloft, on coffee and something else...I kept wishing: C-a-l-m D-o-w-n...C-a-l-m D-o-w-n...but it never took.

Image for post **You wish there was a button you could press to calm an agitated person...amirite?**
Sukiesnows avatar Life
11 16

That would make for a nice quiet bar. Ha!

Squirrel on Zoloft? At least it wasn't a turtle on Viagra.

@2653701

Zonkey on LSD is the worst.

@2653686

Not you, hon.

It's called a trigger.

Lol yesssss!

Not really, there are various methods I can employ to calm people dependant on the situation. Sometimes you can learn much more from/about a person who is in an agitated state compared to when they are calm. There are various methods to be employed to achieve that as well :)

@AliceD Not really, there are various methods I can employ to calm people dependant on the situation. Sometimes you can...

Okay...do tell me. This person comes to me on a regular basis: she is usually agitated and is having a panic attack...her hands are shaking so she can barely accept the Lorazepam I'm giving her...

All we do is talk...I tell her to breathe...to calm down...etc...tell her that Life is Good...try to get her head thinking positive...and after about 15 minutes and two cigarettes...she starts calming down...only to pick it up the next day.

I would love to get the agitation under easier control....

@Sukiesnow Okay...do tell me. This person comes to me on a regular basis: she is usually agitated and is having a panic...

Is the subject matter of the discussion a recurring behaviour, or does it change on a daily basis?

Do you think that the conversation you have with her is something that will lead to a conclusion and closure for her or is she too scared to face that which is the root of the problem?

Perhaps altering your approach my be of benefit? Is she a caring person, what do you think the reaction would be if when you saw her on a given day and you displayed her behaviours, would she be likely to forget about her own condition to help yours? This may be an interesting way to tackle the situation?

No really, I have no idea, but, hopefully you may glean something from that :)

How nice if there was a way of calming a person down...

It's their problem, not mine.

Saying "calm down" interestingly enough has the opposing effect.