If you watch the movie "Mother", be aware: it's way more than they sell with the trailer. Don't read the explanation if you don't want spoilers.

SPOILERS: It's the story of Mother Nature's (Jennifer Lawrence) relationship with the Christian God (Javier Bardem) and humanity. The story is from Mother's point of view. Some reviewers have warned that the last half an hour of the movie is "insane", and there's something really graphic and disturbing, so I'm passing the message. (If you want to know what it is, to not go blind, ask and I'll message you - there's reports of people just walking out when they saw this scene, so it's your choice). If you're not interested in the movie at all, then you can ignore this xD

Mother! Trailer #1 (2017) | Movieclips TrailersMother! Trailer #1 (2017): Check out the new trailer starring Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem, and Ed Harris! Be the first to watch, comment, and share trai...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtTE_DBKpRY
25% I was/am interested in the movie 25% I'm not interested in the movie 50% Other
Sofias avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
4 13

I'm going to watch it anyway. I will flinch and probably look away, but the movie sounds absolutely amazing.

Sofias avatar Sofia I was/am interested in the movie +3Reply

You have contracted a horrible microbiological entity.

Bird got you. Congrats, I blocked that silly twat. She was more annoying than having a nonstop crotch itch.

I usually like movies with Javier Bardem and Ed Harris but I will skip this one because of Jennifer Lawrence. I don't want to contribute to her box office earnings since she stated last week that Hurrican Irma was Mother Nature's punishment of Florida for electing Donald Trump!

@goblue1968 I usually like movies with Javier Bardem and Ed Harris but I will skip this one because of Jennifer Lawrence. I...

Actually, no, she did not stated that. I've seen the interview and those were not her words - that was the media interpretation.

Sofias avatar Sofia I was/am interested in the movie +2Reply
@Sofia Actually, no, she did not stated that. I've seen the interview and those were not her words - that was the media...

Thanks for the clarification. I was told that Jennifer Lawrence statement by a source who I usually trust to be correct. Now you have piqued my interest to go try to find the interview and see what she actually said.

@goblue1968 Thanks for the clarification. I was told that Jennifer Lawrence statement by a source who I usually trust to be...

They were speaking of Trump, then they were speaking of climate change, and how it's human activity that is causing it, and how the people have the "power" to fight it (or something like that) through voting, then she made a comment of Mother's (Mother Nature) rage, and the media started saying she was speaking of Trump and Trump voters, and she was blaming Nature's rage on them. To me it was pretty clear she was speaking of mother rage against humanity and what we are doing to the planet, just like in the movie, and just like she said before: human activity is the cause of Climate Change. As she said, doing this movie, it was hard for her to not understand it (I don't remember if those were her exact words, but it's something like that), seeing what her part in the movie was.

She has spoken against Trump before, that's no secret, and any person that is looking for anti-Trump comments will start seeing it everywhere even when that's not what's being said. For what I've seen, most people are saying the same thing, from all sides. So I've watched it, and it was pretty clear to me what she's saying, so, either people are listening already stuck on to hear what they want (which is what they're being told by others, so they already have that filter on), or I'm completely wrong. I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong on this one.

@Sofia They were speaking of Trump, then they were speaking of climate change, and how it's human activity that is causing...

I actually took the time yesterday to go looking for that interview and I found the complete video of it on YouTube and I watched it. She never said the hurricanes were punishment for the Trump election, so other people had to invent a connection between what she said about Mother Nature's fury and her well known disdain for Trump. In fact, the only mention she made with Trump's name was that she knows what kind of a person he is and left it at that and did not associate Trump at all with the hurricanes.biggrin smilie

@goblue1968 I actually took the time yesterday to go looking for that interview and I found the complete video of it on YouTube...

Okay 😊 I'm happy that you agree. The media loves to take things out of context so they can have a story.

Anyway, will you watch the movie? Or it's not of your taste?

@Sofia Okay 😊 I'm happy that you agree. The media loves to take things out of context so they can have a...

I was originally interested in watching it, but then I read a couple of bad reviews from people who did watch it and decided that it's not for me. That's too bad because I like Javier Bardem (especially in No Country For Old Men).

I saw it on Thursday, on my own at the cinemas, it was good, lot of thinking involve watching it

@mona1986 the suspense in the movie takes too long but eventually it happens

I'm really looking forward to it. One reviewer says the movie it's made for people to feel uneasy. Those types of movies tend to be really interesting.