+5

Major Breakthrough in Watchmaking

[Marc Andre Deschoux, Sept 14, 2017] Today is definitely a day that will go down in watchmaking history since it has been more than 300 years that the Huygens principles of regulation remained unchallenged and this day has finally come!!! The genius Guy Semon, CEO of the LVMH Science Institute, and his team have been secretly working on a totally disruptive approach to the most important element of any mechanical watches: the regulating organ. This has been achieved through creative thinking and some very clever transfer of technology and the result is a monobloc silicon oscillator beating at 15Hz and super precise. This is what you will find out in the above video report, as we were privileged to meet this incredible team a few days prior to the official launch and are delighted to share on this very day this massive breakthrough.

Major Breakthrough in Watchmaking with the Zenith Defy LabToday is definitely a day that will go down in watchmaking history since it has been more than 300 years that the Huygens principles of regulation remained u...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWh0p9Irznw
Mazes avatar Technology
6 6

Does this watch have its own water or do I need to apply it myself?

I tried watching the video, but my brain doesn't want to co-operate with me.

Is this watch one of those modern marvels, that can show you, if you are pregnant? I think my periods are late. I have a rather good solution to measuring time. Use Han Solo. He can fly the Kessel run in two thirds of the time it actually takes, which also means he is able to time travel, since in this instance a parsec is used as a time reference between two points in a three dimensional space and not as distance. I have heard that certain wookiees make better watches than this dude and at least they are easier to understand.

Did I miss something? I wasn't paying any attention to the time. Sorry, uncle Vic.

The more accurate the time the better.

Thanks for the post. I remember watching an amazing documentary on the Harrison clocks that were developed to function accurately on a sailing ship, which improved navigation by allowing longitude to be calculated more accurately.

Anonymous