Why are people who win money so friggin' stingy?

People win money and act like they earned it, when they should be more grateful and share the wealth! It's only money and it doesn't make them better than anyone else. They shouldn't act like it does. If you win some money, don't act like the person who lost their money couldn't have been you...

Jaxxis avatar People & Celebrities
7 33

If I won money it's possible I'd be more generous...up to a point. You don't want people to take you for granted.

Why do the people who haven't won a lot of money think the guy next to them, who has, should share it with them?

@Jaxxi Why not? We are all just people trying to win! It's not like it's going to bankrupt you.

Do you roll your window down at every street corner and hand every panhandler a 20? When you walk down the sidewalk in a city, are you handing a 20 to everyone who has a panhandling sign? It's not going to bankrupt you.
Too many people have taken living off of the charity others, from a temporary need, to a permanent lifestyle.

@JustJimColo Do you roll your window down at every street corner and hand every panhandler a 20? When you walk down the...

That's not the point. If you earned the money that's one thing, but if you came into it by pushing a button and the grace of God. I'm not suggesting giving anyone anything....why do they act like everyone else is below them?

@Jaxxi That's not the point. If you earned the money that's one thing, but if you came into it by pushing a button and the...

That is it exactly Jaxxi. By throwing the quarter in the slot machine, or paying the 7/11 clerk for a powerball ticket, you got what you got, be it by luck, the grace of God, or whatever you want to call it. It still doesn't entitle anyone else to it. That's the way a lot of life works as well. What about if a person is born to billionaire parents, or born with an IQ of 190, or is born with exceptionable athletic abilities. all these are the luck of the draw that will give them a better chance of becoming wealthy.
How they see people as being beneath them, is often a reflection on how they were raised.

@JustJimColo That is it exactly Jaxxi. By throwing the quarter in the slot machine, or paying the 7/11 clerk for a powerball...

See I don't think it is. I think money changes people and our culture is so engrained with a "sucks to be you" mentality that its shameful. Our first world problems and our distrusting nature and stepping over the homeless crap is why we have a youthful entitled generation that will be the death of us. Shit, our kids will put us all in nursing homes without batting an eye or giving us any compassion because " that's how they were raised."

@Jaxxi See I don't think it is. I think money changes people and our culture is so engrained with a "sucks to be you"...

I know a number of millionaires who are the nicest people you will ever meet. I also know some people who are poor who would stab you in the back or steal the pennies off their dead mother's eyes.
Some of the wealthy people are fed up with people looking for a free ride and have heard all the scams.
If a person is worried about their kids dumping them in a nursing home because that's the way they were raised, then they should have raised them differently.

Because suddenly you get friends who you didn't know about, all of a sudden everyone is buttering you up and the moment you run dry they vanish and wouldnt give a flying fuck about you, I wouldnt give money either, I'd make sure no one knows and I'd stuff it in a bank and use it slowly so it doesnt change my life.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Because suddenly you get friends who you didn't know about, all of a sudden everyone is buttering you up and the...

No one said give anyone anything....why do they treat people like they are so much lower class than them when they win? Just cuz they got lucky, now all of a sudden they think they are important

@2656103

It's a slippery slope, even good intentions can ruin everything, I'm sure you've heard many stories of how money ruins entire families.

If people who win money gave it to everyone who asked, they'd be bankrupt

There's nothing wrong with asking (for help, money, etc.) but you have to be okay with the answer being no

Most of the big winners I've eaten have been stringy.

I would share with family and friends. Plus I would donate a huge amount to St. Jude Children's Hospital

🦋

@2656217

I always said if I won the lotto I would donate half to them and that is a promise I will always keep. When my father passed away I took over his donations that he made monthly. He had been a major supporter for them since I was little.

Not all people are.

It may be they easily realize how swift they could become impoverished if they didn't handle their funds judiciously.

It's their winnings.Do they have to share it with people who want some.

@hootowl It's their winnings.Do they have to share it with people who want some.

Not saying they do but do they have to act like everyone else is a piece of dog turd and be snotty like they are more worthy? It's an attitude thing

Anonymous